Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Anyone want a single page from Amazing Fantasy 15 with free sellotape? It's not even from the Spider-man story. Only £1387.65.
If anybody buys that single page from Amazing Fantasy 15 at the price being asked, they want locking up in a padded cell.

Greavsie

Post by Greavsie »

This thread is hilarious!
I'm laughing hard at some of these listings.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Look-in Television Annual Issued 1978 – Unique – Contents is upside down !!!!!!! Link isn't working but seller wants £1999.99 for this.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Here's the link for the upside down Look-in

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Look-in-Tele ... ctupt=true

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I saw that Victor yesterday. I notice the Look-In seller doesn't show the inside cover so we can't see if the interior has been removed and glued back in upside down.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I wouldn't dream of putting that victor on ebay ,it would go straight in the bin and the seller should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves :lol: :lol:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Even the American Restoration team would be shaking their heads at that one.

starscape

Post by starscape »

big bad bri wrote:I wouldn't dream of putting that victor on ebay ,it would go straight in the bin and the seller should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves :lol: :lol:
I think putting comics in the bin is even worse. That's a horrific thought to me, regardless of condition.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

starscape wrote: I think putting comics in the bin is even worse. That's a horrific thought to me, regardless of condition.
I've got to agree with you on that as I just can't do it! I came up with a solution last year though, which was to put any comics and annuals that were that ropey in a drawer and when I had a few of them together, I loaded them on Ebay at a 1p start for anyone who wanted them for what was basically the postage cost and they sold for 50p or so. I advertised them for decollage or any other projects.

I felt really good that I hadn't thrown them out and someone got some cheap comics! I'm almost up to another pile now.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Adam Eterno wrote:
starscape wrote: I think putting comics in the bin is even worse. That's a horrific thought to me, regardless of condition.
I've got to agree with you on that as I just can't do it! I came up with a solution last year though, which was to put any comics and annuals that were that ropey in a drawer and when I had a few of them together, I loaded them on Ebay at a 1p start for anyone who wanted them for what was basically the postage cost and they sold for 50p or so. I advertised them for decollage or any other projects.

I felt really good that I hadn't thrown them out and someone got some cheap comics! I'm almost up to another pile now.
Thats a good idea with the collage/decoupage thing. I've got a few half missing comics myself.

Wasn't there an article a few years ago about some fella tearing up and pasting some comics on something and it turned out the comics were quite valuable?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Some of the Whoopees I got recently have coupons cut. I'll put them on eBay as a cheap bundle. They all have Reg Parlett strips so well worth having.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Has anyone noticed that eBay has changed its comic categories. There are no longer lists of individual titles to choose as a category. I noticed people choosing "comic strips" as the category.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Yeah, I just noticed that.

It looks like I may have to change the search results on all of my searches to comply with the new categories. :(

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Just noticed under Type the options are Newspaper or Magazine. So in a comic category you are not given the option of describing it as a comic. Well done eBay.