Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by big bad bri »

i think the scream/misty special belongs in the price increase thread £14 already after 5 days :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-PRESEN ... Ciid%253A1

blaing

Post by blaing »

More fool the person who bought one already, when he/she could have got that from Rebellion for the RRP plus postage. (edit: no you can't. Its out of stock.) :(

CharleyBourne

Post by CharleyBourne »

Afternoon all

can anyone explain this one? Is it ultra rare or banned? or a special of some kind or are we thinking typo?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commando-4536 ... SwA3dYFShz

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

I've checked his other auctions and a lot of them are priced at £1.45 and £1.35.

It looks like his price of £145 is a case of the 'mis-placed decimal point'.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I think this seller is on medication for his estimated value of these Judge Dredd reprints.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

My laptop has finally died and I just want to ask if anyone here uses a tablet to sell stuff on eBay? I have a Lenovo tablet with Macafee built in but have always been reluctant to access my ebay account on anything other than a fully protected pc. Can anyone attest to the security of a tablet or should I buy a new laptop?

Thanks.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I've used an iPad for years with no problems, I haven't actually even got a computer.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

still 7 days to go for this Buster issue 1 and yet again people go mad because it is phil shrimpton selling it granted i have never seen the free gift before
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buster-comic ... 1431.l2649
Last edited by big bad bri on 19 Nov 2017, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

I bought a complete collection of Buster from issue 1 to the end of 1964 in superb condition and complete with all free gifts for £100 ! Mind you that was in 1979!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I bought a copy of Buster #1 (including the free gift) for four old pence - of course that was in 1960 from Mr. Norbury's paper shop! :)

starscape

Post by starscape »

Mr Norbury must be kicking himself now.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

...Sadly he kicked the bucket many years ago. On the other hand I'm kicking myself for not holding on to my original copy! :roll:

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

I was perusing the internet on my phone in the pub while having a quiet drink; quiet it was, the reason I was perusing the internet on my phone in solitude. It was then that I discovered that same copy of the banned Action issue, never released commercially, was up for sale on ebay twice early this year; a starting price of £2500 and then, later, offered at £2250. On both occasions, it failed to sell despite its good condition. Around four months earlier, another copy of this issue sold, again on ebay, for £4110.75. I always felt that this price was extraordinarily inflated. In May of 2015, an earlier copy sold for £2555. While still an exorbitant amount, it seemed more appropriate with regard to not only its scarcity (30 or less issues, reportedly in existence) but also the notoriety/historical aspect within the history of UK comics. Harking back to the mammoth £4110.75 sale, the ebay listing reveals that a rival bidder was beaten by a mere £100. Thereafter, the next highest bidder was £2155. So, naturally, I'm thinking: "Why didn't the losing bidder of that auction fill his/her boots with this year's auction and save nearly two grand on their previous bid? Then, why didn't the second losing bidder shell out an extra £100?"

After the May 2015 auction, I was given a first refusal to purchase another copy of this rare piece of comic's history for my highest, failed bid of £2,100 (from memory, I was beaten by at least three bidders including the winning bid) from a private seller. My UK status was a beneficial factor for this offer as well. After much deliberation, I accepted. And this is the key - during that May 2015 auction, I was caught up with an unnatural fervour to win it. But when the dust settles and, in the cold light of day, an offer is extended without any competitive bidding to quicken the pulse, one panics and thinks: "Crikey, that is lot of money for a comic." Perhaps the seller of this year's banned Action had made the mistake of setting his/her price too high and prohibited a bidding frenzy. As far as I know, it still has yet to resurface for another auction.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Could someone provide the issue date of this banned Action? Not that I'm avaricious or anything but just in case I come across it in a flea market or two.