Rebellion acquire Egmont's archive of strips and characters

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

peace355

Re: Rebellion acquire Egmont's archive of strips and charact

Post by peace355 »

I was in Forbidden Planet (Edinburgh) today and they had copies of the Misty book. They do have a good collection of Rebellion stuff in general.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I went into the comic shop in Bold Street in Liverpool yesterday afternoon to buy a copy of the Misty volume. The guy said they had some but refused to sell me one because the shop didn't have a purchase order for them. Could somebody explain this, please.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Huh? So they had them in stock but wouldn't sell you one??

Sounds like a quick way of going out of business to me.

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

The way I see it is that these copies that this shop obtained aren't officially solicited, due to some misconstrued paperwork and, therefore, aren't available for sale due to conflict with a sale ledger... or something like that. It's a case of you can't sell this unless the computer says you have it in stock, and if the computer says it ain't in stock (but it's physically there to be sold) tough... I know... computers suck.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

They should never have hired HAL 9000 to do their stocktaking! :)

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

geoff42 wrote:The way I see it is that these copies that this shop obtained aren't officially solicited, due to some misconstrued paperwork and, therefore, aren't available for sale due to conflict with a sale ledger... or something like that. It's a case of you can't sell this unless the computer says you have it in stock, and if the computer says it ain't in stock (but it's physically there to be sold) tough... I know... computers suck.
Can't they get around it? I bought the Christmas TV Guide from my corner shop yesterday. He's not supposed to sell them yet, (I think Tuesday is the official on-sale day) and the computer wouldn't scan it so he just keyed in the price.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

No purchase order would imply that they arrived unsolicited (if you can believe that) and so they plan to return them without being charged. It might have been a second delivery in error... but only they will know.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thank you for all your replies so far. I'll go back on Monday to try and get The Avengers : Steed And Mrs Peel produced by Big Finish, and ask again about the Misty volume. There is another outlet on the way from Lime Street mainline station to Liverpool Central for the local services to Ormskirk, Southport, Hunts Cross and Kirkby so I might try them first.

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

Ah, Lew, I reckon your corner shop was very confident in receiving the necessary computer-orientated access to sell such a product in advance whereas Phoenix's shop didn't have a clue and weren't prepared to edge their bets... reminds me of that "job'sworth" thing they used to have on "That's Life".

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Or, the "b" side of an Amen Corner single entitled, "Satisnek the Jobsworth"
I had a look in 2 Waterstones stores yesterday, Stirling and Falkirk. Neither had the Misty nor the Avengers books. I'll try Waterstones and FP in Edinburgh on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.