Can anyone identify this comic strip?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

martin8

Can anyone identify this comic strip?

Post by martin8 »

Hi, can anyone help? I remember a comic strip from when I was a kid (mid 70s) and would love to know the title. It was in a British action comic like maybe Tiger. The hero(es) would have to face five enemies, but they (and the reader) didn't know who in advance. The title of the strip had five blank spaces (maybe with question marks in them) and each time the next enemy was revealed, his face would be added to the title. I think one was a smiling kind of man like the joker, one had a beard and the last two were twins (which I thought was a bit of a cheat at the time). I'd love to know what the title was. That's all I can remember, but hopefully it's enough. Thanks.

Raven

Re: Can anyone identify this comic strip?

Post by Raven »

That's Revenge of the Puzzler from Whizzer and Chips, 1972-73. The bearded one was the Model-Man. The smiling one was Mr. Freeze.

There's a thread on the Puzzler serials here:

http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 148&t=5578&

martin8

Post by martin8 »

That's it! Thank you.

Raven

Post by Raven »

The last two enemies being twins may have come from a need to wrap the serial up quickly before the merger with Knockout at the end of June 1973.