British / American Comics in China

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

booksandcomics

Re: British / American Comics in China

Post by booksandcomics »

Final scan! This is the last character in the three comics I found. This one is killing me as I'm sure I've seen the little dragon-like character in a comic or cartoon before. Is it Hanna-Barbera?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

36 is the cover of Don Winslow of the Navy 18 published by Fawcett in August 1944. If you press and hold an image Google will search for similar images online. It didn't show that exact image but did come up with some other Don Winslows. I then checked the cover gallery on Grand Comics Database for Don Winslow.

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

The last scan looks like the work of Walt Kelly, but badly traced. He did a lot of comic book work before creating Pogo. This might be from Fairy Tale Parade, which has a Facebook page at https://m.facebook.com/WaltKellysFairyT ... l&mt_nav=0. People there might know.

delboj

Post by delboj »

I would like to know was there any publication of Lee Falk's Phantom in China.

David McDonald

Post by David McDonald »

What s great thread, thanks for posting!