Please Help Me Identify a Free Gift

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

blue70

Please Help Me Identify a Free Gift

Post by blue70 »

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a clear out and have found the item in the photo. It seems likely to me that it is a free gift associated with a comic particularly as I have a significant number from various titles but it was not with any comics in the box so I'm wondering if anyone recognises it and would be kind enough to suggest a title and possibly issue that it was given away with. I've attached photos of the reverse as well in case that helps. I have googled the name on the belt buckle - Roton but that just points me to a vehicle from Masters of the Universe (I definitely don't have any of those comics if in fact there are any!). If it is from a comic then it's likely to be from the 80s as that's where the bulk of my collection is from.

Many Thanks in advance

20210303_152254_resized.jpg
20210303_152249_resized.jpg
20210303_152021_resized.jpg

Into The Abyss

Re: Please Help Me Identify a Free Gift

Post by Into The Abyss »

Have you ever thought that rather than being a Master of the Universe comic free-gift, might be an Australian cereal give-away? Another avenue to check perhaps?

To add. Walker Woodley were an Australian Toy Company that produced toys such as the Roton Orbiter. So they might have had produced this for an Australian-only spin-off comic featuring Masters of the Universe character, or as said, perhaps employed a local Sydney-based cereal company to give this away as a free-gift to children in the early/mid 80s. :)
Well, hello there! :wave: