Searching for comic magazine from my childhood...

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Alex the searcher

Searching for comic magazine from my childhood...

Post by Alex the searcher »

Hey all!

For the passed something years I've been racking my brain as to a comic magazine type publication, which I used to get as a child / pre-teen age, say from 9-11 maybe?

I can not for the life of me remember the name of it, I believe it was monthly, but it could have also been an every 3 monthly type-ish. It was on high quality semi glossy paper. Inside it would include a few comic strip type cartoons, mixed with puzzle games, activity suggestions, letters from readers and it would come with a toy of some description.

Now, I cant remember the name but I do remember a few specific front covers and the gist of what some of the comic cartoon strips were about. As for the covers, one of the comic strips would be the focus of the cover for each particular issue...

The characters involved in the comic strips I can vaguely remember; one was a time travelling blonde girl who had a dog I think and may have used a watch or compass type device to travel through time. I remember her hair style was akin to the "Rachel" look from Friends, however her hair was actually separate from her head (floated above, in a stylized way). I remember one cover issue with her going to Easter Island and discovering things about the statues there. Another was about her going to Italy and meeting Leonardo da vinci and possibly making pizza?

Another comic strip scenario and characters, were these 'jellies', (for want of a better description). Who also would go on adventures, but geographical ones. I believe there were three of them, in differing colours, and one specific story and possible cover was about them discovering things about El Niño effect...

The last comic strip from the magazine I can vaguely remember was, I think, about a man with a moustache perhaps... and thats all about I can remember of him, except that there may have been a story once of him racing in those old fashioned 1950's-ish sports cars in for example Monte carlo or some such...

I know this may not be a lot to go on... and I apologize if its not even an UK publication, which it could very well not be, as I did write off to a pen pal thing within the magazine and got a reply back from an American child from New York...

I would have been receiving the magazine in the mid-late nighties and possible early 00's...

I'd really love to be able to find this magazine and then potentially buy some old copies to travel back down memory lane, I've tried everything I can think of to search online and have come to no avail. Really hoping someone here could help me out some :)

Anyway, if anyone does have any possible information or leads I could follow, I'd be ever so gratefull!

Thankyou for reading :)

Alex