Alan Class covers

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

jim244

Re: Alan Class covers

Post by jim244 »

davidandrewsimpson wrote:
07 Aug 2023, 12:10
jim244 wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 06:37
I read this lovely story about Alan Class a few years back.I'm not sure where I read it or would provide a link.
Basically Alan and his wife were walking down a street when Alan saw a comic book shop.
They both went in.
Alan asked the chap whether "Alan Class Comics" were something ever asked for,expecting that no-one would know anything of such.
The shop owner showed him a massive section devoted to Alan Class comics.
A tearful and delighted Alan then revealed who he was!!
This story (though similar to that advert for that novelist searching for his fishing book) is apparently true.
A more informed member of this forum can correct me on details,I'm vaguely remembering something I read many years ago.
Since Alan Class had a relationship with 30th Century Comics, I like to think the shop in question was their Putney shop. https://30thcenturycomics.co.uk/extras/alan-class/
I use 30th Century (great company,really nice people) and am aware they do Alan Class printing sets etc but I never made this connection before,probably because if this was the case they would state so ....
I think it's a book store in Oxford street that Mr Class and his wife walked into.
But you could be right,Wonder if they are still doing signed by Class comics???
I must email Rob (he's the guy that replies to mails and one of the owners).
Really nice bloke,I had an issue due to stupid post office and Rob contacted me rather than other way round as this company really does care that you get your stuff.
A seriously wonderful comic book store,sadly online only these days.
You can trust these people.Great people.