Help identifying an old story

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

maxnutter

Help identifying an old story

Post by maxnutter »

This has been doing my head in for many a year, I hope this is the right place to post this, if not, I apologise.

I remember reading this in the late 70s / early 80s (UK) and wondered if anyone recognised it.

I think it was in a reprint of one of those Tales from the crypt, EC horror comics or Uncanny Tales:

A newlywed couple takes their honeymoon on an ocean liner, but their voyage takes a horrific turn when the ship rescues a survivor from a small boat. This survivor carries a contagious disease that transforms anyone who touches them into a monster. As the disease rapidly spreads throughout the ship, the couple finds themselves trapped among the infected passengers and crew. Desperate to escape, they make their way to a window with the hope of reaching safety. The husband manages to climb out and into a lifeboat, but as his wife is about to follow, she is touched by one of the infected individuals. Realizing that she is now transformed into a monster, the husband, fearing for his life, leaves her behind and escapes in the lifeboat alone.

The monsters looked a bit like Ben Grimm or the Hulk, bulky, broad foreheads, deep set eyes, but that's all I remember!
Please help!

jim244

Re: Help identifying an old story

Post by jim244 »

Best that I've got is Atlas comics,Jack Kirby,1950s.
Apologies for not being much help.