NEW QUARTERLY TITLE FROM 2000AD...

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

...extreme editions - first issue publishing in September (Dredd vs Death) - I think its worth us picking up any new title that is launched just as comic fans - if at least we can show some support then hopefully things can turn around a little !

Originally posted by Spence on the old forum on 06/08/2003

Old Forum Fella

there is also a new monthly reprint in american format reprinting the best of 2000ad called 2oooad showcase, not sure whether it will be on the newstand though.the british comics industry is starting to look a little more promising lately, the pre teen market is in excellent shape what with the beano dandy and all the beano specials libraries and reprint, i bet dc thompson is puplishing up to 15 titles a month (including weeklies). the nursery market is stronger than ever, the post teen market is new type of market and is well served with all the 2000ad titles and warhammer monthly and the hugh amount of small press.the teen market is the one market that has practically disappeared,though not totally, marvel uk is still there with its reprints reaching the 100s in numbering and with this new football comic (i dont like the cgi art, but i will prob pick it up to support for a while anyway until it gets on its feet, and we get the action comic!)and if thats a success u can be sure that egmont will have a roy of the rovers comic out sharpish.it still leaves a gap though in original comics for boys and girls, a position that only dc thompson has the resources and the capital to do, so come on dc thomp jump before someone else does! dathi

Originally posted by Dathi on the old forum on 06/08/2003

Old Forum Fella

Yeah, but Dredd v Death reprinted again? Perhaps some of the later Death stories but surely by now everyone interested in 2000AD has read the Anderson/ Dark Judges tales. Personally I'd be more interested in Dan Dare (never been reprinted due to copyright problems - which is why I'd like to see it), Mach Zero, Colony: Earth etc..

Chris

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 09/08/2003

Old Forum Fella

its not the bolland death, which is just out in harback from titan, there is one long story by greg staples and a few shorts by ian gibson etc. the are all nearlyfrom the 90s and specials, so these stories have never been reprinted before,what i would like to see reprinted id a book of b bolland covers and pin ups he has done for 2000ad and the eagle reprints, eye candy!

Originally posted by Dathi on the old forum on 09/08/2003