Return of the summer special

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

SID

Re: Return of the summer special

Post by SID »

:lol: Guess what come through the post yesterday as part of my subscription? Yep, the Sci-Fi Special. I didn't know that I was getting it free.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

In light of the below comments, this comment is no longer relevant. :settee:
Last edited by Digifiend on 09 Jun 2014, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.

django

Post by django »

SID wrote::lol: Guess what come through the post yesterday as part of my subscription? Yep, the Sci-Fi Special. I didn't know that I was getting it free.
Are you sure it's not just the back cover to the latest prog you're looking at?.

SID

Post by SID »

django wrote:
SID wrote::lol: Guess what come through the post yesterday as part of my subscription? Yep, the Sci-Fi Special. I didn't know that I was getting it free.
Are you sure it's not just the back cover to the latest prog you're looking at?.
:oops: Thanks, django. Not my finest hour. I never bothered to open the packet but as you said, it was the back cover staring back at me. I was wondering why this week's prog had not come through. :oops:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

SID wrote:
django wrote:
:oops: Thanks, django. Not my finest hour. I never bothered to open the packet but as you said, it was the back cover staring back at me. I was wondering why this week's prog had not come through. :oops:
Easy mistake to make but.... Funniest thread ever. :lol: :up:

django

Post by django »

Never mind, an easy mistake to make....as I'm always telling my Boss, "that's why pencils have rubbers on the end":).

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

Winter Special coming in October... may we just have a sniff of another annual in a couple of years. They're certainly testing the waters.