Megazine to reprint other ipc/fleetway stories.

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

philcom55

Re: Megazine to reprint other ipc/fleetway stories.

Post by philcom55 »

It'd be nice to see some of the Badtime Bedtime stories from Monster Fun collected. Also Ken Reid's Worldwide Weirdies, etc. might have sufficient crossover appeal for 2000AD readers. And how about all those late Ron Turner strips that appeared in IPC's various humorous comics - many of them with SF themes.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I'm pretty sure the dracula files from scream would have been the perfect thing to reprint in the meg at only 15 episodes instead of being released as a separate graphic novel.not that i'm complaining as i'm going to buy it anyway at some point :lol:

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

I remember Steve Dillon did a half decent werewolf comic that could be a megazine mini comic from Scream .
Werewolves are difficult to do in comics , that wasnt a bad stab.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Retro1972 wrote:I remember Steve Dillon did a half decent werewolf comic that could be a megazine mini comic from Scream .
Werewolves are difficult to do in comics , that wasnt a bad stab.
Could you be thinking of the Judge Dredd story Cry Of The Werewolf as Steve Dillon did that?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

Definitley Scream , check out cover for issue 8 , I am fairly sure it was Dillon .

Havent read the Dredd one. Is it similar to Dredd vs Aliens???

cheers

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

I'd like a limited (say 4 issues) anthology as the free insert. A mix of adventure and humour- all wrapped up by issue 4. A fine blend of the best of the also-rans that can't sell on their own but would fair better in a nostalgic format. After that a second blend or back to stand alones.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

It's interesting that both stories were run within a year of each other. With the 2000AD story being printed from June to August 1983 and the Scream story being done in May 1984.

Thanks for that Retro. I did not realise that there was another werewolf story by Dillon out there.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

No worries (sorry for late reply) Always used to love werewolf stories. Sadly not enough great ones. Didn't realise it was only a one shot. I remembered it being longer. I this Scream/Misty Halloween special is a success who knows.