Original Red Dwarf Smegazine Art

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Into The Abyss

Re: Original Red Dwarf Smegazine Art

Post by Into The Abyss »

Richard S. wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 14:23
also check this out if you're a Red Dwarf fan

https://downthetubes.net/?p=125672
Hey, cheers for the link Richard S. Excellent info. 😎

As for being a fan. I can confirm, I am. Is it that obvious, lol. Yeah, got the usual magazines, Starbug play-set etc... but now thinking about it, oddly enough there's not much in the way of memorabilia compared to Doctor Who? The series is really popular but there's hardly any real merchandise. The creators are missing a huge opportunity seeing their fan base. Personally, I'd love to see various series figures, models of the Skutters, a Talkie Toaster and various series Spaceships to be produced. Always live in hope me.

What I do have in the way of collectables is pretty cool though. Got some original Smegazine art uploaded. Also have over 10 production used scripts, some personally owned by actors & production team obtained from the Prop Gallery and from series actors directly. A Red Dwarf director chair signed by the entire cast. Cast signed books and some live recording tickets from series 8 signed also by members of the cast. 🙂
Well, hello there! :wave:

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Just sourced another page of Red Dwarf Smegazine art. This time it's from the strip Androids from issue #8 from 1992. The page which is A3 in size also comes with its colour overlay direct from the artist himself Kevin F. Sutherland (signed & dated 2023).

ImageImage

ImageImage

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Kev has a further piece up for sale currently
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Richard S. wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 13:27
Kev has a further piece up for sale currently
Oh cool. Thanks Richard S. :)

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

To add to my last post Richard S. I won that Red Dwarf Androids page. Will upload it asap. 😎

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

As promised here is another page of Kevin F. Sutherland Red Dwarf Androids art from story 12 written by James Hill & Pat Kelleher. It appeared in Smegazine issue #4 way back in 1992. 😎

Image Image

ImageImage

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

ah, great news - so pleased I could help

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Richard S. wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 06:56
ah, great news - so pleased I could help
Thanks Richard S. Your help was greatfully appreciated. Hopefully one day I can help you source a piece of art or memorabilia sought after. :)

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Just obtained a further two pages of super-rare Red Dwarf Smazine Andorids artwork for the great artist Kevin F Sutherland. He even included a cool Happy New Year greeting that had a Lister Red Dwarf cartoon with quote from the classic epeisode, Polymorph. He even said he designed the T-Shirt with that quote on too, lol. See pics. 8)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Another little gem I'd like to share with you all. My original BBC production-used script owned by the late Peter Wragg (1943 -2012) who did the visual effects for the 1997 Starbuggers story, episode six, called "Psirens". And as you can see, he doodled a unique picture of Star Bug on the front cover. Printed in caps his name on the top right corner, and inside it includes all his annotations ect... 8)

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

cool!

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Richard S. wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 07:57
cool!
Thanks Richard S. Yeah, to have the script itself without art would be cool enough , but with is off the scale. Privileged to own it. 🙂

Got some fantastic scripts in my collection too. Here's a few examples.

One Liver Birds script owned by Felix Bowness of Hi-Di-Hi fame.

Also, late Carla Lane's own personal Butterflies script from her estate after her possessions were auctioned off , including a fantastic artwork in a binder from the TV series Bread dedicated to her by the artist. It was done for a scene where Freddy Boswell was in hospital and shows the layout of the hospital room ect..

A 1974, " Likely Lads" Christmas special script. Two Last of the Summer wine scripts , one from 1974 and another 2007. The latter signed by Roy Clarke.

About nine or ten production-used scripts from the comedy series "Allo Allo" , some were owned by Nicholas Frankau, Rose Hill & other cast members.

Actor & warmup comic Felix Bowness who played the grumpy Jockey in "Hi-Di -Hi" script. Also, his personal script with annotations from "Ain't Half Hot Mum" that also includes about 30 behind the scenes cast polaroids featuring Windsor Davies , Melvyn Hayes, Don Estelle ect ..

Got an original BBC rehearsal script from the cult 1980s "Young Ones" possibly owned by Rik Mayal from the horror themed episode "Nasty" and comes in a BBC envelope with seven Polaroids featuring the cast in makeup.

I have Six original BBC comedy series Gimme Gimme Gimme scripts direct from the series floor manager including his script from the French & Saunders "Titanic" special.

PS. Obtained another piece Red Dwarf Androids Smegazine art from Kev F Sutherland. Will upload asap. 🙂👍

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Sourced another page of Red Dwarf Androids Smegazine art by Kevinf F. Sutherland. It appeared in the September issue 8 of the magazine way back in 1993. Very nice it is too. :)

ImageImage