Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Art & Commision

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Into The Abyss

Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Art & Commision

Post by Into The Abyss »

Today had delivery of an art commision. Been corresponding over the weeks & months with the highly talented DC/Marvel/Aquaman artist Kirk Jarvinen. I was fortunate to purchase all the art he ever did, about 50+ pages, for the Moonstone Graphic Comic series that featured Karl Kolchak from the cult 1974 paranormal TV series 'The Night Stalker' starring the late great actor Darren McGavin. The very series that influenced the creator of The X-Files. The Idea I had for the commission was. Imagine if Karl Kolchak's Vampire case in the film/series led him to the town of Salem's Lot and the Marsden House? Well, this would have been the end result. 8)

P.S. Please excuse my camera phone picture quality. It doesn't do it justice. Also, I put the page in protective archival polymer bag and there's a bit of lens flare present.

Last edited by Into The Abyss on 10 Jul 2023, 14:40, edited 5 times in total.
Well, hello there! :wave:

Adam Eterno

Re: Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Salem's Lot Commission

Post by Adam Eterno »

Love it!

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Adam Eterno wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 21:50
Love it!
Cheers mate. Been 10mths in the making due to the pandemic. It set me back a pretty penny too, but it was worth it. :)

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Just sourced from the states another page of Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' art. This time by a different artist called Christopher Jones. It featured in the 2004 issue called 'Fever Pitch' , page 13, of the Moonstone graphic comic. See images below. Very cool.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Into The Abyss on 10 Jul 2023, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Into The Abyss

Re: Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Art & Commisson

Post by Into The Abyss »

In addition to my first post and recent addition, thought I'd change the thead title and add further images of other Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Artwork that I own. Initially I uploaded them to the Non-Comics discussion thread when I first joined the forum but thought it would be better if all were in one place. :)

Adam Eterno

Re: Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Art & Commision

Post by Adam Eterno »

Great collection

Into The Abyss

Re: Kolchak 'The Night Stalker' Art & Commision

Post by Into The Abyss »

Adam Eterno wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 21:24
Great collection
Thanks Adam Eterno. Must have about 60 Kolchak' The Night Stalker' pages now. God knows how much they are worth individually? Would be interesting to know seeing they are by the Marvel/DC artist Kirk Jarvinen of Aquaman fame. 🤔

Yeah, had delivery today of that Christopher Jones page. Ironically I bought the Moonstone graphic comic before I contacted the American seller about the artwork. A bit risky I know but we agreed a price and I bought it. 🙂