Pie & Mash in Commando

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: Pie & Mash in Commando

Post by felneymike »

When i visited my girlfriend she bought me a "typical snack" of round, hot things that had a texture similar to profitaroles. With loads of finely diced green leaves, white powder, fishy liquid and some sauces to pour over them / dip them in.

Then i bit into them and discovered little chunks of octopus tentacle inside!

And beleive it or not, it was pretty nice.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

felneymike wrote:When i visited my girlfriend she bought me a "typical snack" of round, hot things that had a texture similar to profitaroles. With loads of finely diced green leaves, white powder, fishy liquid and some sauces to pour over them / dip them in.

Then i bit into them and discovered little chunks of octopus tentacle inside!

And beleive it or not, it was pretty nice.

Hmm sounds nice, I lived in Ibiza for a year and all we ate was fish/Squid/Prawns/Paella/tortilla great times.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

steelclaw wrote:You mean to say you don't watch the Catherine Tate show?
No, I can't be bovvered!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix wrote:
steelclaw wrote:You mean to say you don't watch the Catherine Tate show?
No, I can't be bovvered!

lol :D Wotever

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Susan George in her prime. sigh!
I think she was that bit more tempting the following year as the feisty and flirtatious Amy Sumner in Straw Dogs. In colour as well............she certainly put a spring in my port wine.

grumpy old man

Post by grumpy old man »

As a kid my dad used to eat brains – these were pig brains I think, floating on a plate of vinegar rather than something out of Cannibal Holocaust. I thought that was the most revolting thing I’d ever see – then I got a Chinese girlfriend who ate LIVE prawns. These are served up swimming around in a bowl of rice wine. I found it pays not to ask what the strange but tasty meat is in a real Chinese meal.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

American college kids eat brains - yes they are very popular on Hippo-campus.

(Was trying to work the pun around the Hippo part as well but couldn't do it - teenage safari mammals was a bit clunky)

Watching Mission: Impossible on Quest and, no matter which country the IMF visit, the natives always obligingly speak English. Barney is crawling through an air vent - that's not like him. Makes a change from a lift shaft i suppose.

PHELPS: Damn, this building is a giant Bungalow what do we do now? BARNEY: Don't worry Jim, I've brought the inflatable lift shaft especially for such an eventuality.

Speaking of which - on Star Trek they have a universal translator which changes all alien speech to English. But how come the alien's mouths are moving to the English words?