COMMANDO

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

COMMANDO

Post by Old Forum Fella »

just started picking these up again.great read.di it always come out 8 times a month?i thought it only was out four times.also do they reprint many of them or are they mostly new material.and how is it realeased.is 4 every 2 weeeks or 8 every 2 months dathi

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 22/02/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMMANDO

Personally I think they're better than ever. Been quite a few Romano-Celtic ones recently. They are a mix of reprints and new stories (I think they are 75% new but could be mistaken).

There's four every two weeks and one of the regular writers is Starscape/ Marvel/ Panini writer Jason Quinn!

Originally posted by Chris on the old forum on 22/02/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMMANDO

I agree with Chris on this one Commando is a lot better now than its been ion years - not a big war comic reader but was given a batch of about 20 by a friend (ok his son)and the art and writing was pretty very good in most of them, something really tactile about these books as well. they also get good reviews in Comics International - Think its 4 released every 2 weeks as well.

Originally posted by Paul McScotty on the old forum on 23/02/2004