Ramsey's Raiders

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Ramsey's Raiders

Post by stevezodiac »

In Smiths today with the normal Commandos there was a special larger sized issue called Ramsey's Raiders with two colour reprints inside. It was £14.99.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Ramsey's Raiders

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:In Smiths today with the normal Commandos there was a special larger sized issue called Ramsey's Raiders with two colour reprints inside. It was £14.99.
The words 'off' and 'rip' come to mind, Steve, but not necessarily in that order.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Phoenix wrote:
stevezodiac wrote:In Smiths today with the normal Commandos there was a special larger sized issue called Ramsey's Raiders with two colour reprints inside. It was £14.99.
The words 'off' and 'rip' come to mind, Steve, but not necessarily in that order.
I take it you won't be buying the Rebellion version which has only one story for the same price then?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:I take it you won't be buying the Rebellion version which has only one story for the same price then?
You've hit the nail seriously on the head there, Col. Historically, I never had any interest whatsoever in COMMANDO, and over the years since, I can assure you that there has been no increase, nor will there ever be. It doesn't offer me any reading pleasure. I am, however, still permanently devoted to Thomsons' Big Five, Big Seven if you include The VANGUARD and The RED ARROW. And we mustn't forget, of course, to include the company's output for girls.