How do you keep your Commando collection?

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

Desert Ordeal

How do you keep your Commando collection?

Post by Desert Ordeal »

I first collected Commandos back in late 1993, and maintained a steady purchase every fortnight until May 1995.
Then in a fit of madness, I gave them all away. I still remember the first Commandos I ever read - False Glory, "Squadron - Scramble!", Terror Zone, Forward the Brave.

Well, I've returned to Commando after all these years and now own around 1500 issues, and have recently taken out an annual subscription.

So, where do you chaps keep your Commandos? How do you store them? If on shelves, do you keep them flat or upright? How much space do 1500-2000 Commandos actually occupy?

Adam Eterno

Re: How do you keep your Commando collection?

Post by Adam Eterno »

All mine are in Really Useful boxes. Perfect fit for about 250 issues per box

Desert Ordeal

Post by Desert Ordeal »

Hi Adam

Sorry for the late reply. May I ask what dimensions your boxes are?
I was considering building some custom shelves for them as I think they look quite nice when resting upright, but boxes might be a better option.
One little nuisance is that they don’t have the issue number printed on the spine, so it’s a little awkward to pluck one out from a tightly packed shelf.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

50l size is the easiest to manage and hold 300 to 400 each. I used a couple of 70l ones as well that went under a bed. When full, they’re a weight as the hold 700+ each