Looking for info on a girl's annual.

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

r3tr0_gam3r

Looking for info on a girl's annual.

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Hello, I'm not very wise when it comes to girl's annuals (not being one didn't help), but recently at a car boot sale, I found an 'Our Girl's Tip Top' annual, and decided to pick it up for only 50p. It does not say anywhere which year it was, and after lots of googling, I'm still none the wiser. I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites which have information or pictures of these annuals. Thanks :)

r3tr0_gam3r

Re: Looking for info on a girl's annual.

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Also, I believe there was an annual called 'Our Boys Tip Top' which I would guess was their sister (or brother?) annual.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Not published by Dean by any chance? They published all sorts of annuals from the 30's to 70's with varying names.

There was a Tip Top comic in the 40's and 50's that produced annuals, but those were just called "Tip Top Annual". It was aimed at quite a young audience, but one that was too old for fairytales.

r3tr0_gam3r

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Thanks for the help, but this was published by Renwick Of Otley.

Edit: Here's a picture of the annual.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Ah I discovered just before showering last night that I do have the Boys equivalent! Judging from the paper, style of stories, size and binding I'd say it was from some time in the 30's. It's also got one of those very "upright" racing cars on the cover (Bentley 4-litre etc style)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

*squints* Wow, tiny picture! :idea: Bigger version?