Help with strip from Andrew Wilson

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

philcom55

Re: Help with strip from Andrew Wilson

Post by philcom55 »

RuthB wrote:Sorry to dissapoint you!
...In some ways I find that even more impressive!

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

As you might know (or maybe not) I'm the webmaster or administrator of the Oficial Patty's World (Esther) forum. So because we had some news or events or people asked questions about such and such comic and the information finally get lost under more and more threads, we decided (well, I did) that it could be a good idea to have our own magazine, where we could do articles about authors, comics, girl magazines, comic news, comics events and the likes. Then people put their own ideas, like they would like some section dedicated to cooking, or craft work and so on. And we put all that together and the idea was this little online, easy to access magazine for the forum dedicated to girls comics but absolutely not limited to them. We have a facebook page too and most of the people on it does not belong to the forum, we do competitions every now and then, but it is a very basic, homemade magazine. Unfortunately I lack the money and the way to do a proper magazine.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

...In some ways I find that even more impressive![/quote]

Thanks!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

RuthB wrote:it is a very basic, homemade magazine. Unfortunately I lack the money and the way to do a proper magazine.
To be honest, you are denigrating your efforts quite unnecessarily. I don't see anything unprofessional about the magazine, it's a fine piece of work, and consistently reaches a high standard of presentation month after month. You should be proud of yourself.
RuthB wrote:I have.....friends to write on it (you're very welcome if you wish to do so)
I think I may well be able to find the time to put an article together for you after Christmas. Perhaps you could send me a PM giving me some idea of the kind of topics on Thomsons' girls' papers that you would find acceptable.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Phoenix, any subject would be more than welcome, even if it is not about girls comics. We had an article about Tin Tin this month, on an exhibition in Madrid about the take on the character by 25 different artists. for the december magazine, that I am working on now, we have another Tintin article and some news about the upcoming Expocomic in Madrid in December (which I am attending), so anything related to comics is welcome. I have to think in the next few days about my article for this month, though I don't always write lately (I do the Wimpy section and edit and put together everything, so depends very much on the time available).

Thanks everyone for your support, that cheers me up a lot!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

RuthB wrote:Phoenix, any subject would be more than welcome, even if it is not about girls comics.
OK, Ruth, leave it with me. I'll have a good think about it and come up with something suitable in the next few weeks.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Perfect!