Patty's World

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

matrix

Re: Patty's World

Post by matrix »

helsbels wrote:First of all, many, many, many thanks to Matrix for taking the time to email several scans of "Patty's World" - it's very much appreciated! You have greatly added to my Patty collection.

In answer to your queries, I have a complete Lindy collection (20 issues, one annual and one summer special) but I am keeping these as they are pretty easy to store and were hard to come by. I could return the favour and send some scans of these if you like? Just let me know. I have had the odd double before , but sold them on ebay a month or two ago.

I received 15 Princess Tinas yesterday that I'd bought on ebay, including the 31st July 1971 issue which features the very first appearance of "Patty's World" - which pleases me greatly! Three of the issues I bought - the 5th & 12th August and 15th July from 1972 all feature "Patty's World" in colour.
No worries Helsbels, glad they all got through! Any chance you could scan a "Pattys World" in colour on to here, that would be good to see. How long was she printed in colour for?

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

plenty of Patty's Worls art for sale at the moment (not by me!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... EL:GB:1123
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

I recently flicked through a Pink annual - and the Patty's World strip was printed on garish pink paper! Was a hole torn out of the strip - and I'm not paying over a fiver!

Annual was a 1978 one - very out of touch! had a big picture/feature on pop group Slik - who may have had a great number one in 76, but no hits in 77. And by that Christmas lead singer Midge Ure had teamed up with ex-Sex pistol Glem Matlock & formed Rich Kids. Clearly another bit of media turning its nose up at punk!

Anyway Patty's World was a great strip - it's one where you can feel the 70s too - can smell the "Us" deoderant & taste the Jelly Jumbos.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Can't resist a bit of trivia here on Patti Page (the singer):

She did How Much Is That Doggie In the Window - her only Uk hit & first hit for the Oriole label - and losing out to Liverpudlian Lita Rosa in the chart stakes

She must've had a death disc out circa 1960 as Bob Luman's song sending up the spate of them "Let's Think About Living" contained the line "We lost old Marty Robbins in El Paso a little while back, And Patti Page or a one of them is wearing black!"

And yes, Miki & Griff were very naff - their final hit, was a dire cover of Steve & Eydie hit " I Want To Stay Here" (keeping out of the charts a better cover by underrated Yorkshire singer Carol Deene - thought he good original version emerged the winner). The only half decent M&G track was "Hold Back Tomorrow" (minor 1959 hit) largely as maverick Lansdowne studios engineer Joe Meek (Telstar man) had put effects on it.

muyuu7

Post by muyuu7 »

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

She actually passed away on the 19th, on Tuesday. The news became public yesterday, though