Lucky's Living Doll

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

helsbels

Re: Lucky's Living Doll

Post by helsbels »

Returning to Katy-Jane, I found this follow - up story in the Penny Annual 1981.

Okay - once again I am having trouble uploading pictures on here - apparently the file is too big! :roll: Can I send these to someone here by email so they can upload this story?

Thanks

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I could have a go. But how big is the file? If it is too big, would email be able to manage it?

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Tammyfan wrote:I could have a go. But how big is the file? If it is too big, would email be able to manage it?
Hi Tammyfan! If you PM me with your email I will send the 7 pages to you. I have uploaded comic pages before and emailed them to people but it never seems to work here! How does everyone else manage to put stuff on here?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

helsbels wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:I could have a go. But how big is the file? If it is too big, would email be able to manage it?
Hi Tammyfan! If you PM me with your email I will send the 7 pages to you. I have uploaded comic pages before and emailed them to people but it never seems to work here! How does everyone else manage to put stuff on here?
I upload to Photobucket and then copy and paste the links.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Hope this link works!

http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/helma ... sort=9&o=0

Sorry - for the Katy-Jane story!!

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Thanks, Tammyfan! :cheers:

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

That's excellent Helsbels! Now all you have to do to make the images instantly visible on this website is copy the 'Direct' link for each one from the Photobucket page, paste them into the Comics UK message box in turn, then press the little 'img' button while each individual code is highlighted (in the same way that you'd make any piece of text bold or italic with the 'B' or 'i' buttons).

...And Hey Presto:

- Phil R. :)

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Lovely! Thanks for sharing that.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Hoorah! Thanks Marionette for finishing my half-assed job! I will know for next time - now I will have to fish out that first episode of Lucky's Living Doll .........

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

helsbels wrote:Hoorah! Thanks Marionette for finishing my half-assed job! I will know for next time - now I will have to fish out that first episode of Lucky's Living Doll .........
Wasn't me, it was Phil who deserves the applause. 8)

I just found the last episode of Lucky's Living Doll (other than annuals and whatnot), if that's any help. My core collection of Tammys (the first 300) are all from one person, who had taken to getting the final issues of comics that merged with Tammy, so I have the last issues of Sandie, June, and maybe more. But not, sadly, Sally.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

I have the last episode of Lucky's Living Doll from the last June comic - but I do have the first as well tucked away somewhere, which I did promise to put on here some time ago!

I know from your blog you require Sally comics - I don't have any to sell/give away but I do have my own collection should you like any scans of anything to help in your quest (once I get the hang of uploading scans properly!). I would also recommend looking for the Sally annual 1976 as this has lots of the original episodes from the early Sally comics reprinted - though it is very hard to find.

P.S. - Thanks Phil for putting the scans on!

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

helsbels wrote:I have the last episode of Lucky's Living Doll from the last June comic - but I do have the first as well tucked away somewhere, which I did promise to put on here some time ago!

I know from your blog you require Sally comics - I don't have any to sell/give away but I do have my own collection should you like any scans of anything to help in your quest (once I get the hang of uploading scans properly!). I would also recommend looking for the Sally annual 1976 as this has lots of the original episodes from the early Sally comics reprinted - though it is very hard to find.
I'll keep an eye out for that annual. Annuals are far more plentiful than the comics, but are usually poor value because of all the filler, so I don't generally make them high priority.

And thanks for the offer of scans. I think I have enough for the pieces I'm writing at the moment, but if I shall keep it in mind for the future.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Nice one Phil! I'll also look forward to seeing that first & last LLD, Hels.

By the Way, Hels, I don't suspose you could list & tell us what the other strips were in that final ever June (& Pixie), as I'm putting together article on June's decline (& key bad decisions that sank it & LLD too) and that would help research (my collection currently stops at April 1973, in both comics & annuals (have later ones with reprints) & answer question as to wheather it improved or not at end.

Funilluy enough I recentlybought that final Sally annual at a market in Yorkshire for under a pound; it's well worth looking for & has much of early strips esp . Maisie's Magie Eye, before Rob MacGillivray took over.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

DavidKW wrote:Nice one Phil! I'll also look forward to seeing that first & last LLD, Hels.

By the Way, Hels, I don't suspose you could list & tell us what the other strips were in that final ever June (& Pixie), as I'm putting together article on June's decline (& key bad decisions that sank it & LLD too) and that would help research (my collection currently stops at April 1973, in both comics & annuals (have later ones with reprints) & answer question as to wheather it improved or not at end.

Funilluy enough I recentlybought that final Sally annual at a market in Yorkshire for under a pound; it's well worth looking for & has much of early strips esp . Maisie's Magie Eye, before Rob MacGillivray took over.
Where is the article on June going to be published?

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

DavidKW wrote:Nice one Phil! I'll also look forward to seeing that first & last LLD, Hels.

Strips in the final June & Pixie are:
Poor Polly Flinders
The Firebird
The Ghosts of St. Gilda's
Lucky's Living Doll
Bessie Bunter
The Roman Broach (Strangest Story)
Down Our Street
Wedding in the Family
A Horse called September (text serial)
School for Sports