Great new site about Jinty!

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

helsbels

Great new site about Jinty!

Post by helsbels »

I imagine a lot of you have already seen this, but here's a really great new site about Jinty: http://jintycomic.wordpress.com/about/
Another excellent resource concentrating on a classic girls' comic.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Great new site about Jinty!

Post by Phoenix »

I've bookmarked the site, Helen, just on the offchance that it might be useful to me one of these days. Thanks for drawing it to our attention.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

It is about time Jinty got her own site.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Added to my website blog list...

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

My grandad used to occasionally buy me 'Penny' to read. Then one day I found it had merged with Jinty.
Jinty was good. Though it seemed that I had only just discovered Pam of Pond Hill and others, when it merged with big sister comic Tammy.

It seemed the best of both world's at first, but 3-years later Tammy too was cancelled, in 1984. The era of childhood innocence was coming to a close, with more teenage publications and their make-up tips and photo stories came to dominate. I too was growing-up and for many years thought little of those IPC weeklies, Buster and Cheeky et. al. Until eBay and internet forum's such as these sparked my interest again.

It will seem strange to the 10-13 year old's today to look back on these classics of their time, especially the girl's comics with their Spanish artists and distinctive '70's look.
Even free gift's such as a little plastic ring or comb were a bit special.

We will remember you fair Jinty. Thou has special place in my heart.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Muffy wrote:My grandad used to occasionally buy me 'Penny' to read. Then one day I found it had merged with Jinty.
Jinty was good. Though it seemed that I had only just discovered Pam of Pond Hill and others, when it merged with big sister comic Tammy.
You will find a discussion of the Jinty and Penny merger on the blog here http://jintycomic.wordpress.com/2014/05 ... pril-1980/