Finding Slave of the Trapeze

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Finding Slave of the Trapeze

Post by Tammyfan »

royrobb wrote:
09 May 2021, 18:36
I´ll just stick my oar in here although it´s seven years later to these comments, I´m the author of Slave of the Trapeze, name of Terence Magee. It was one of the best stories I wrote for Fleetway/IPC Magazines, and voted number one every week it appeared in Sandie. I and others have never been able to find out
who the artist of the great artwork was, hope they come forward!
Thank you very much indeed for that great story. I would love to read it in its entirety. Shame it wasn’t reprinted in Tammy or something. The artist has been tentatively identified as “B. Jackson”. Nothing is confirmed as yet. Maybe one day we’ll know. Perhaps it will be chosen for a reprint volume.

Tammyfan

Re: Finding Slave of the Trapeze

Post by Tammyfan »

The story shares some similarities with Tammy’s “Circus of the Damned”. The evil Yablonski blackmails his performers into dangerous stunts and is already responsible for one death as a result, maybe others too. He kidnaps Karla Kebble, saying she is high wire star Princess Astrid, which forces her into high wire stunts way above her experience and imperils her life. At first Karla thinks she was kidnapped in mistake for Astrid but eventually discovers it was a conspiracy between Astrid and Yablonski. Karla also has a secret helper, who turns out to be the clown who was acting the part of collaborator with Yablonski.