Request for episodes from Emma stories

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Request for episodes from Emma stories

Post by Tammyfan »

The discussion of The White Mouse has me curious about the origins of The Cat from Catch the Cat in Bunty. Is there an explanation on how Marie Bonnet launched her career as The Cat, or did the story just start off with The Cat robbing the Kommandant or something? If there is an origin I'd be interested to see it. Thank you for any help.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Phoenix wrote:
Digifiend wrote:Didn't Tammyfan also ask for the episode from issue 74? That one's still missing.
Not exactly, Digi. Her request for the instalment in 74 was added to her request list after I started scanning the instalments that she originally asked for. As she's done this several times before, I call it the Tammyfanesque addition procedure. :lol: Don't worry though, Digi, it won't affect my friendship with her. We already go back a long way. Anyway to make you both happy here is the missing instalment.
Not to worry, the post didn't show up as having been edited, so I didn't realise she hadn't originally mentioned that extra issue.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I thought you would like to hear about the latest OuBaPo project at the Jinty blog. It entails taking one panel, removing the text and inserting completely new text to see what new context, story, humour or drama could be created with the same artwork, but with different text. For example, can a serious/sad panel be turned into something funny? Or could a funny panel be turned into a serious subject by changing the text?

Here is an example to give you an idea. It was taken from Emma's "The White Mouse":

Panel with original text

Panel with text removed

Two examples of panel with new text