Scream and Misty Halloweeen Special

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Scream and Misty Halloweeen Special

Post by Tammyfan »

Adam Eterno wrote:Pre-ordering is now available

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCS1751
The parallel-world Nazis from "The Sentinels" react to the news :D

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Preordered (though slightly grumpy that I had to create an account on the Rebellion site - I much prefer to checkout as a guest rather than having to create umpteen accounts everywhere I go). Mistyfan, i included one for you :-)
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

comixminx wrote:Preordered (though slightly grumpy that I had to create an account on the Rebellion site - I much prefer to checkout as a guest rather than having to create umpteen accounts everywhere I go). Mistyfan, i included one for you :-)
Thank you, but I have already placed a reservation with my comics specialty shop. They're getting them in. Might be useful for other Rebellion products, though. How does the account work, please?

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Tammyfan wrote:
comixminx wrote:Preordered (though slightly grumpy that I had to create an account on the Rebellion site - I much prefer to checkout as a guest rather than having to create umpteen accounts everywhere I go). Mistyfan, i included one for you :-)
Thank you, but I have already placed a reservation with my comics specialty shop. They're getting them in. Might be useful for other Rebellion products, though. How does the account work, please?
Oh, I thought we'd already said I would get one for you, but either way is fine for me.

You create an account and then can buy stuff from them, same as Amazon or the like. They have digital products too I believe.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:How does the account work, please?
It's really very simple, Tammyfan. You send £25,000, or the equivalent in New Zealand's currency, to comixminx. She buys the comics and then posts them to you by First Class Mail every week. With whatever is left over she can chill out with friends and family for a couple of months in Bermuda. As a meerkat that I used to know was constantly saying in a very irritating voice, ''Simples''!!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I wonder if the pages will be black and white or full colour, or a mix of both?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I just found out about two islands in the Bay of Bengal that are a bit like the two Sentinels in the Misty serial, and they have "sentinel" in their names too. North Sentinel Island is off-limits and avoided because the islanders are so hostile to outsiders they will attack them with rocks and fire arrows. They will attack anyone, regardless of intent. This is not the case with South Sentinel Island, but it is of lesser interest and uninhabited.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

The trailer for the upcoming special is now up. You can see it at https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/10/ ... rebellion/

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Fun trailer, I'm excited, only a week to go.

For some more insight on the special, the following interview is good (talks about special at the 16 minute mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mlI5zHbbHo

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Just around the corner now.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

mine arrived on saturday morning,its great and sets up some exciting future possibilities.i hope they make a weekly comic out of it or at least give it a go as something is working for Phoenix comic.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

big bad bri wrote:mine arrived on saturday morning,its great and sets up some exciting future possibilities.i hope they make a weekly comic out of it or at least give it a go as something is working for Phoenix comic.
A monthly, bimonthly or quarterly might be easier on the team.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

big bad bri wrote:mine arrived on saturday morning,its great and sets up some exciting future possibilities.i hope they make a weekly comic out of it or at least give it a go as something is working for Phoenix comic.
I wonder how soon before we get the reviews?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I found this sneak preview of the special at http://downthetubes.net/?p=40880 (they say "minor spoiler warning!").

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Well, launch day is in 24 hours. :D