The Comp

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Retro1972

The Comp

Post by Retro1972 »

I remember reading some of my sister's Nikki comics in the 80s and the one that stands out was the Comp. I just wandered if it ever came to a conclusion of any kind. Did it change focus to different years in the new term? Had some great Grange Hill type story lines. (Well the first 7or 8 seasons anyway).

Thanks

Goof

Re: The Comp

Post by Goof »

I can't help with this myself, as I have only a handful of Bunty comics and no Nikkis, but if you haven't already done so, I think you may find it worth reading the long article on this series on the Girls Comics of Yesterday website:

http://girlscomicsofyesterday.com/2016/04/the-comp-2/

This has a lot of information on the development of the characters and the stories. It also has a short synopsis of the last story, and a scan of the final three panels.

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

Many thanks. Will check out the link.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Please note, peace355, and anyone else who may be interested, that I have just posted some clarifying information about THE COMP on your Girls Comics Of Yesterday site.

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

Cheers. The recent documentary about Bros on BBC four, brought back a few memories of schools in the mid 80s. Worth checking out even if you weren't a fan of the music. It's on iPlayer now.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Philcom actually posted that last episode of the Comp for me in an earlier thread, I hadn't been familiar with the Nikki comics at the time either so also some Nikki episodes there.

http://comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p ... ode#p63425