New Tammy & Jinty Special coming

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

big bad bri

New Tammy & Jinty Special coming

Post by big bad bri »

Rebellion announced 7 new specials today among them was a Tammy & Jinty special on 27th June priced £4.99,i eagerly await them all.

Tammyfan

Re: New Tammy & Jinty Special coming

Post by Tammyfan »

Whoopee! Where's the link to the announcement?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you for the link.
I wonder what will be in the special? Pam of Pond Hill? Bella? Molly? Gypsy Rose? Fran'll Fix It? They don't seem to give much on detail.

I see The Thirteenth Floor has a special too. Pity Misty doesn't have one. Oh well, can't have everything.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Tammyfan wrote:Whoopee! Where's the link to the announcement?
sorry in my excitement i forgot it lol but col has sorted it now

peace355

Post by peace355 »

This is exciting!

I think I'll get a bundle, there are 4 comics I would be interested in getting; Tammy & Jinty, 13th Floor, Vigilant and Cor! Buster, so may as well get the two extra 2000AD issues for similar price.

I really like all this new material coming out yearly along with the reprints, looking forward to my Fran of the Floods copy arriving next month too.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:This is exciting!

I think I'll get a bundle, there are 4 comics I would be interested in getting; Tammy & Jinty, 13th Floor, Vigilant and Cor! Buster, so may as well get the two extra 2000AD issues for similar price.

I really like all this new material coming out yearly along with the reprints, looking forward to my Fran of the Floods copy arriving next month too.
It would be great if this was the start of something ongoing, maybe even a revival in girls comics.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Well, we are agog to find out what will be in the Tammy & Jinty Special. It sounds like the material will be 100% new, but will we see some old faces (such as Bella, Pam, Molly, Wee Sue, and Button Box) rebooted and drawn by new hands? If they bring back Bella they will definitely need an artist who can really pull off the gymnastics, and the late John Armstrong is a hard act to follow there.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I wonder how you can order the special?

Goof

Post by Goof »

This comes from the Rebellion press release: "All the Rebellion specials will be available from good newsagents, as well as comic book stores via Diamond Distribution, and through 2000 AD’s webshop and apps." Nice to see they're trying to get them into newsagents!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019/03 ... ealed.html

A link to the Tammy & Jinty Special cover. Looks like Bella and The Justice of Justine are in. Funny - I thought Justine was from Sally. The black girl on roller skates looks like Nadine Nash from “Life’s a Ball for Nadine” and the blonde girl in pigtails might be “The Jinx from St Jonah’s”. Can’t place the other characters on the cover and others I have definitely not seen in either comic.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

It's looking good. No surprise Bella is there, especially considering they've already released reprints. I expect a sci-fi story perhaps a sequel to something they've already printed, such a return to the Land of No Tears or maybe they'll just do a new Sci-fi story. I expect some of the stories will be new characters, but in spirit of Tammy/Jinty, perhaps some of them are on the cover.

In the same way Black Max was in Thunder but got a story in the Scream/Misty special, I expect they are not limiting themselves to just stories that were in Tammy/Jinty and that's why Justine may be included.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

On the cover I can see Bella's pigtails are longer, which makes sense to me. Her old pigtails looked like they had hardly any hair for them. Hope they get rid of her awful overalls too.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:It's looking good. No surprise Bella is there, especially considering they've already released reprints. I expect a sci-fi story perhaps a sequel to something they've already printed, such a return to the Land of No Tears or maybe they'll just do a new Sci-fi story. I expect some of the stories will be new characters, but in spirit of Tammy/Jinty, perhaps some of them are on the cover.

In the same way Black Max was in Thunder but got a story in the Scream/Misty special, I expect they are not limiting themselves to just stories that were in Tammy/Jinty and that's why Justine may be included.
You know what would be really cool for this or future special? The final episode of Cora Can't Lose, but done as a complete story. It starts off with Cora on the final cross country race that will decide the Victory Cup. Readers are given a fast recap of the original story through Cora's flashbacks to bring them up to speed. After the flashback we see what the ending is. If the old ending can't be recovered, invent a new one.
Last edited by Tammyfan on 24 Mar 2019, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:It's looking good. No surprise Bella is there, especially considering they've already released reprints. I expect a sci-fi story perhaps a sequel to something they've already printed, such a return to the Land of No Tears or maybe they'll just do a new Sci-fi story. I expect some of the stories will be new characters, but in spirit of Tammy/Jinty, perhaps some of them are on the cover.

I'm keen to know what that flying manga robot is. It could be a new character or an old one rebooted. And who is the girl playing with the soccer ball? The third roller skating girl in the orange tank top might be Pam of Pond Hill. After all, we can't see her hair; Pam had very short hair that would not be visible under a helmet.

Hmm yes, a followup to Land of No Tears or The Human Zoo would be very interesting.