Trying to find a couple of episodes of The Power over Patti

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Trying to find a couple of episodes of The Power over Patti

Post by Tammyfan »

I am trying to find two episodes of The Power over Patti, dated Debbie #282 (8 July 1978) and #284 (22 July 1978). And no, 30th Century Comics does not have them. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Trying to find a couple of episodes of The Power over Pa

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:I am trying to find two episodes of The Power over Patti, dated Debbie #282 (8 July 1978) and #284 (22 July 1978). And no, 30th Century Comics does not have them. Can anyone help please? Thank you.
I don't have issue 282, but I can supply a photocopy of issue 284. It's four sides, and it's the final episode. I'll get it into the post for you tomorrow morning. It's my best offer because I'm far too busy to to be scanning and resizing. If you have moved from the address that I used for the last item I sent you, whatever that was, please PM the new address to me later, which will probably be tomorrow morning for you.
Last edited by Phoenix on 28 Feb 2019, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Phoenix, much appreciated! I have now PM'd my new address.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thank you for the information update, Briony. I'll get the instalment away to you tomorrow morning as promised, and I have dealt with your request.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Phoenix! :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I have just got back from my local Post Office. I decided that you would prefer the instalment in 284 unfolded, so I've sent the photocopies protected with card in an A4 envelope. When the assistant asked me for £3.45, I pointed out that actually I wanted it to go by airmail. She said that that's how it is getting there, and it should reach you by the end of next week. That does seem really cheap to me, but I'm not complaining. Nice talking to you but I must get on. I'll have an authentic Cornish Pasty for my lunch, do a bit of reading and note-taking, and then go and pick Lois up from school at 3.15. I want to know what her teachers said about her and her work at the parents evening last night. I would have gone with Russ and Rach but I wasn't asked. When I ask Russ about it tonight, he'll probably say,"I thought you would be busy writing your book." Some people do have their priorities the wrong way round!!!!!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

It's curious how things sometimes take an unexpected turn. Rach has just texted me to ask me to take Lois to school tomorrow as well as bring her home. I've never taken her there before, although I normally do get asked to pick her up on Thursdays and Fridays because Rach is at work. When she starts her new job in a nearby hospital, depending obviously on her shift times, I imagine I will probably be taking Lo to school more often, and no doubt collecting her more often too. She won't mind. A couple of weeks back in an English essay for homework, she referred to me as "my inspiration''!! That is quite a lot to live up to. Furthermore, she and Alex will be out with me and her dad tomorrow evening in the Copperhouse. As it's pocket money day, the two of them will be able to discuss what they will be spending their £5 on while drinking their J2Os. They may save it of course, although of the two of them, Alex is the more likely to save it. Any further musings will be found on my personal thread, Phoenix's Future Plans, as this one belongs to Patti.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Phoenix wrote:. A couple of weeks back in an English essay for homework, she referred to me as "my inspiration''!! That is quite a lot to live up to.
Derek you are an inspiration, a comics fan who has done years of pain staking research and turned it in to actual published books, i have yet to read the previous ones and look forward to the bunty one etc through your dedication and sheer enthusiasm ,it has peaked an interest in girls comics and DCT other than Beano and Dandy, i have purchased 100's of victors and sparky now :lol:

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

big bad bri wrote:
Phoenix wrote:. A couple of weeks back in an English essay for homework, she referred to me as "my inspiration''!! That is quite a lot to live up to.
Derek you are an inspiration, a comics fan who has done years of pain staking research and turned it in to actual published books, i have yet to read the previous ones and look forward to the bunty one etc through your dedication and sheer enthusiasm ,it has peaked an interest in girls comics and DCT other than Beano and Dandy, i have purchased 100's of victors and sparky now. :lol:
Well it is very gratifying to be considered 'an inspiration', Bri. However, what I think I'm doing is steadily increasing the amount of knowledge about the story papers that I love for any forum members who might appreciate having it.

Where Lois is concerned, my relationship with her started the day she was born, when I held her for the first time in Arrowe Park Hospital in Birkenhead, and she's as special to me now as she was then. I was upset when Russ and Rach brought her down here from Neston in Wirral at fourteen months old, and I'm as sure as I can be that I made up my mind then to follow them to Cornwall. Of course it didn't work out immediately because although I had retired rather earlier than I had thought I might, I was getting a lot of teaching appointments from the Sefton Supply Service, and every day's pay was round the £150 mark. Alex was born down here. Russ and Rach did things the wrong way round. They had their family then got married. On April 1st this year they will be celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary. Lois will probably cry again that day like she did when they got married, at the point when the official in charge said, "Will you take this woman to your lawful wedded wife?", and frankly my eyes were filling up too. They were hitched in the Tregenna Castle Hotel in St Ives, where I often take Lois and Alex to swim in their heated hotel swimming pool. We were there one day last week. As it's nearly half two, I'll have to close, and get ready to go and pick her up from school. I don't recall whether I mentioned that all her reports at her recent parents' evening were very positive. She will never be a brain box but I have genuinely never met anybody else in my entire life who will always see the good side in people, and that includes the times when friends start falling out with her for no reason that I can fathom. That generosity of spirit has reached her mainly, in my opinion, via her nan, my ex-wife Lynne, as well as her mother and father, and in the car she entrusts me with information that she knows will go no further.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:Furthermore, she and Alex will be out with me and her dad tomorrow evening in the Copperhouse.
We didn't go because it's been lashing down here. Instead I guided her through her French homework while her friend Faye was on Facetime with her. Yes, they're friends again. However, if you were to add their knowledge of French together, it wouldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. The decent report that Russ and Rach got from her subject teacher at the parents evening last week was probably aimed at letting them down lightly. Because Lois wants to study French to GCSE, Rach now wants me to talk to her in French, so this weekend I'll have to come up with a programme of some sort, and start implementing it at some point next week. I think I may already have mentioned that she is going to France at Easter with a school party, for which I've already paid the £100 deposit. I will pay the other £160 when the school asks for it. I've taken school parties to Boulogne on day trips myself, and at least one to some outlying district of Paris for a week. There were 4 or 5 teachers with the group on every occasion. We gave each pupil a clipboard with about 20 questions on it that they were to ask pedestrians and note down their replies. The obligatory first question was to ascertain whether they would have the time and/or be prepared to answer the following questions. The importuned inhabitants of Boulogne and Paris were for the most part generous with their time.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:I have just got back from my local Post Office. I decided that you would prefer the instalment in 284 unfolded, so I've sent the photocopies protected with card in an A4 envelope. When the assistant asked me for £3.45, I pointed out that actually I wanted it to go by airmail. She said that that's how it is getting there, and it should reach you by the end of next week.
I'm assuming that the instalment will be getting to your house very soon, Briony. I'd appreciate it if you would let me know please when it does arrive. Just to prevent me from wondering if it got lost en route.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:I think I may already have mentioned that she (Lois) is going to France at Easter with a school party, for which I've already paid the £100 deposit. I will pay the other £160 when the school asks for it.
As the money has to be paid on line on or before April 1st by someone who has permission to access that account, I gave the £160 to Rach a couple of days ago. Lois to Brittany. Who'd have thought it? I'll have to up my game, and get a move on with her French lessons!!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

The photocopies have just arrived. Thank you very much for them, Phoenix!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:The photocopies have just arrived. Thank you very much for them, Phoenix!
Great! Thank you for letting me know. They will fill a gap with plot details that I'm sure will be interesting. I've spent most of this evening listing all the serials in SUZY with their starting and finishing issue numbers and dates, so I now have to hand all the information and reference material that I need to support my writing of BUNTY AND HER SISTERS. Watch this space!!