Mandy free gift

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

babington

Mandy free gift

Post by babington »

I'm pretty sure this was a free gift in MANDY in the 1980s, but I couldn't say which year or which issue. Does anybody know???
Mandy-gift.JPG

Goof

Re: Mandy free gift

Post by Goof »

Mandy-Comic-301082-With-Free-Gift.jpg
I came across this online. It seems to be from an old ebay sale but I couldn't find a larger version. It does confirm that the brooch came with Mandy. As far as I can make out, the date is late 1981 or 1982 - maybe a 1981 Halloween issue?

babington

Post by babington »

Thanks! I saw that on eBay a while back which is why I knew it was from the 80s, but couldn't see the listing any more which is why I asked here. If anyone knows the details of that issue it would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

The 'Lucky Black Cat Brooch' was a free gift in MANDY 824 (October 30 1982). The following week TRACY 162 [November 6 1982] gave away a 'Lucky Dog Brooch'. A full-page advert for both appeared in MANDY 823 (October 23 1982) [came out on a Thursday] and TRACY 161 (October 30 1982) [came out on a Saturday], which would seem to indicate that they were to be looked on as a companion pair.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

By 'details' I am assuming, babington, that you just want the titles of the serials in issue 824 of MANDY. These were they:-

Tara's Terrible Twin (first instalment)
The Girl Next Door
Before The Boat Comes In
The Double Life Of Coppelia Brown
Mary Had A Little Pig... (first instalment)
The Champion From Nowhere (first instalment)
Rosie The Reluctant Rider (final instalment)
Snap Out Of It! (final instalment)
Valda In The Secret City (first instalment)

I hope that the above information will suffice for today as I'm going to be busy. I have to go to my local doctor's surgery to collect a prescription for my daughter in law, who sounded on the phone as if 75% of her throat has gone on strike, after which I will have to drive over with it to her house in St. Erth. If I can get it made up for her in the pharmacy attached to the surgery, I will do so. When I get to hers I will stay there until it's time to take my granddaughter, Lois, to her ballet class in the village hall in Lelant, where I drop her off, pop into the BADGER for my pint of TRIBUTE, and wait there patiently with a book for three quarters of an hour until she comes in. As my late father used to say, relatively frequently, "There's no rest for the wicked."

babington

Post by babington »

This is perfect - thanks very much!