Starhawk Strips

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Captain Storm

Starhawk Strips

Post by Captain Storm »

Have uploaded more full size images of the continuing saga of Starhawk for your delight.Just look out for "Read it now!" above the thumbnails to discern which strips are available for viewing.Till next time!

Richard F

Starhawk Strips

Post by Richard F »

Hi Captain

I have just catalogued my entire comic collection & much to my surprise have found that I have a complete set of "The Crunch" (no.s 1-54 inclusive) which should help you in compiling the Starhawk tribute site (which, incidently, is very good) - please let me know what you need & we can take things forward

Regards

Richard F

Captain Storm

Starhawk Strips

Post by Captain Storm »

Hi,RichardF,thanks for the offer of the strips.As you may know from visiting the site,a lot of strips are missing,mainly because I do not possess the issues required.Anyhoo...the missing Crunch issues are 1-43 and 46-47.Quite a large amount of material to be sure,but Rome or the Starhawk site wasn't built in a day!I can't be certain that Starhawk appeared in every single issue,so you actually know the answer to that question better than me.If you wish to contribute...great.You can either upload as a zip file or email me,but mb limit on attachments could make that difficult.Failing that,burning to CDR and posting is another option,but as this would involve cost to your good self,I wouldn't dream of asking.PLease contact me as to how you wish to proceed,yours sincerely,the Cap...

Richard F

Starhawk Strips

Post by Richard F »

Hi Captain

I'll have a play around and see what I can do - uploading to CDR seems a good option as I have tons of blank CD's - give me some time though as whilst I am an avid reader of sci-fi I'm a bit of a brain donor when it comes to PC's :)

Will keep you posted

Rgds,

RF

Captain Storm

Starhawk Strips

Post by Captain Storm »

No prob,Richard.If you need any help with the burning process,I can send you instructions.

Richard F

Starhawk Strips

Post by Richard F »

Hi Captain

I've looked through my collection and have found that Starhawk started in issue 35 of The Crunch, so my task of scanning the strips in for you is not as onerous as first thought!

Issues 35-43, which I don't think you have, seemed to be a purple patch for Mr Rynn and his faithful Droid, with Starhawk appearing on 4 covers during this time (35, 36 (the Krell), 38 & 43. I have scanned these covers on to word, 'cept I can't work out how to attach these to the forum site (told you I was dead thick when it comes to p.c's) - I have therefore sent you a PM in the hope that, if you reply, I can attach the covers and sent them straight back.

Richard

Captain Storm

Starhawk Strips

Post by Captain Storm »

As per my PM,and in addition you could zip the four images into one file before attaching to your email.Let me know if this helps.

Captain Storm

Starhawk Strips

Post by Captain Storm »

Richard,this could be even easier for you

click on this link below

http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http: ... .php?t=266

click on upload file and then on browse to locate the image on your pc,then click on host it.Do not click in the 2 square radio buttons beneath this as we want the original image size 8) The image will upload and then you will see a box with some options below the image,choose the last one,highlight the link and copy it into your post and I willl find the image.Do this for every image.