A couple of questions.

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

A couple of questions.

Post by stevezodiac »

I have the first four issues of Beezer and Topper (the 1990 relaunch). I have the free gift Sonic Boom inside issue 3 but have no idea what the free gifts were in issues 1, 2 and 4. All of these have tape on the cover which suggests it may have been a chewy bar. If it was I will have scoffed them but if not I may have them somewhere. (I have a box of free gifts somewhere in my storage unit but it's buried therein).

I have most of the first fifty issues of the Funday Times which have Bananaman in them. Were they original to this publication or reprints? They are full colour two page spreads. The Funday Times was a 16 page full colour comic given free with the Sunday Times starting on 10 September 1989.

Adam Eterno

Re: A couple of questions.

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:I have the first four issues of Beezer and Topper (the 1990 relaunch). I have the free gift Sonic Boom inside issue 3 but have no idea what the free gifts were in issues 1, 2 and 4. All of these have tape on the cover which suggests it may have been a chewy bar. If it was I will have scoffed them but if not I may have them somewhere. (I have a box of free gifts somewhere in my storage unit but it's buried therein).

I have most of the first fifty issues of the Funday Times which have Bananaman in them. Were they original to this publication or reprints? They are full colour two page spreads. The Funday Times was a 16 page full colour comic given free with the Sunday Times starting on 10 September 1989.
Attached is an image of #1 with it's gift Steve
Attachments
bt1.png
BeezTop1.jpg

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

[quote="stevezodiac"]I have the first four issues of Beezer and Topper (the 1990 relaunch). I have the free gift Sonic Boom inside issue 3 but have no idea what the free gifts were in issues 1, 2 and 4. All of these have tape on the cover which suggests it may have been a chewy bar. If it was I will have scoffed them but if not I may have them somewhere. (I have a box of free gifts somewhere in my storage unit but it's buried therein).

The best I can do on #2 is this image I found. Again, it doesn't look like food, more of a balloon maybe?
Attachments
bt2.png

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Thanks. Looks like a balloon and whistle. I'll have to try and find my box of free gifts.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Steve, if no one beats me to it, when I get home this evening, I'll check and give you exact details of the free gifts in question.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Steve.
The free gifts in the first four issues of the combined Beezer and Topper were as follows
1- The Silly Siren
2 - The Screamin' Demon
3 - The Sonic Boom
4 - The Beezer Strawberry Flavoured Fruit Bar
There was also a free gift in no 5 a Dandy or Beano comic library.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Thanks. Issue two does have a small ad giving details of the gift in issue three but I have that gift. Obviously I removed the gifts in order to be able to store the comics. I think I saw issues 1-4 on eBay this week. Selling together.