Nutty T Shirt promo competition for Jokes

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

comicdavo

Nutty T Shirt promo competition for Jokes

Post by comicdavo »

Can any one remember when Nutty comic gave away t shirts for jokes/letters sent in ? As a promotional exercise. I've seen a reference to 1983, but unsure if they did this at other times.

Any one with a photo of the t shirt they gave away?

Also, did they actually have a reader-contributed joke/Letter page in Nutty and print any of the reader contributions ?

Cheers for any help.
Attachments
nutty0001.jpg

stevezodiac

Re: Nutty T Shirt promo competition for Jokes

Post by stevezodiac »

A year ago this question would have received a few replies by now but a lot of regular contributors seem to have drifted away. It coincides with Lew leaving these forums. I wish Lew would come back and get the vitality back to comics UK.

comicdavo

Post by comicdavo »

stevezodiac wrote:A year ago this question would have received a few replies by now but a lot of regular contributors seem to have drifted away. It coincides with Lew leaving these forums. I wish Lew would come back and get the vitality back to comics UK.
No problem, I can see it’s quiet at the moment.

I’ve been able find a little information to answer my question.

But I’m stuck finding an example of the t shirt(s) Nutty comic gave up in the early 80s.

Thanks

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I have a couple of dozen Nuttys but like most of my collection they are in storage and not to hand.