ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS

Post by Phoenix »

I have this morning completed the first stage of my listing of all the serials for boys in the text story papers from DCT, which I started to compile over a week ago, most of which will eventually appear in ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS. Writing the synopses will take a good bit longer, of course, but I have already put them in alphabetical order. I know that people often refer to these story papers as THE BIG FIVE, those being ADVENTURE, THE ROVER, THE WIZARD, THE SKIPPER and THE HOTSPUR, but as there are actually seven, I have also included those from THE VANGUARD and THE RED ARROW. The second stage will be to list all the serials in the picture story papers for boys. I very much like the alphabetical order idea, so I have already been applying it to the serials for BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, which I am writing simultaneously, as I think I have already mentioned.

comixminx

Re: ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:I have this morning completed the first stage of my listing of all the serials for boys in the text story papers from DCT, which I started to compile over a week ago, most of which will eventually appear in ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS. Writing the synopses will take a good bit longer, of course, but I have already put them in alphabetical order. I know that people often refer to these story papers as THE BIG FIVE, those being ADVENTURE, THE ROVER, THE WIZARD, THE SKIPPER and THE HOTSPUR, but as there are actually seven, I have also included those from THE VANGUARD and THE RED ARROW. The second stage will be to list all the serials in the picture story papers for boys. I very much like the alphabetical order idea, so I have already been applying it to the serials for BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, which I am writing simultaneously, as I think I have already mentioned.
Well done on reaching this milestone!
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:Well done on reaching this milestone!
Thank you for your kind comment, Jenni. It is, of course, merely a beginning, but I was always going to start sometime, so given that from acorns oak trees grow, or so I was informed in my primary school, let growth begin.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

well done Derek , i eagerly await both books when they are finished ,published,and it seems at the right time with the resurgence and clamour for british comics again with the rebellion stuff.