Question about Rover free gifts

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

babington

Question about Rover free gifts

Post by babington »

Does anyone know which issue of ROVER carried the “Round Robin” card as a free gift? I know the date is February 20, 1958, but I don’t know the issue number. I expect the answer will be in 'Free gifts in the big 5" but I don't have a copy any more :(

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the comic (none in eBay or 30th Century at present)?

Thanks!

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Question about Rover free gifts

Post by Phoenix »

The 'Round Robin Spinner' was given away with issue 1704 of The ROVER (22 February 1958 - not 20 February as you assert, babington). Why did you choose to part company with your copy of my 'Free Gifts In The Big Five'? I have just one left for sale out of the 250 that D.C. Thomsons printed for me, so there is an opportunity, possibly brief, for you to replace it. The cost will still be £30 plus £3.50 p&p. I will hold it for you for seven days to give you time to make up your mind.

babington

Re: Question about Rover free gifts

Post by babington »

thanks! I took the date from a pink flyer and this perhaps gave the date it went on sale rather than the date on the cover.