I don't know what to call this thread

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Re: I don't know what to call this thread

Post by paw broon »

Phoenix, I have occasionally gone out there by tube, but mostly I take the no. 22. It's a nice run.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

That's a very nice rendering, Dave. Is a quote from the film 2001 A Space Odyssey by HAL the computer. I presumed wrongly that pop culture references would be easily recognised here but maybe it's before most members' time. But certainly not Derek's.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Is a quote from the film 2001 A Space Odyssey by HAL the computer. I presumed wrongly that pop culture references would be easily recognised here but maybe it's before most members' time. But certainly not Derek's.
Thanks for the clarification, Steve. I did need it because I have never watched 2001 A Space Odyssey, nor do I have any current plans to do so. I probably felt at the time that it would just be some other all-Greek saga, albeit in space. Excuse what looks rather like a mixed metaphor, or some such, as unlike 'odyssey', the word 'saga' is actually Scandinavian.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

It's worth watching for the docking sequence at the beginning accompanied by the Blue Danube waltz. For some reason the full sequence isn't on youtube.