Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Bonniekins

Post by Bonniekins »

Hi folks--I came across this site by accident while searching for a character I created in the seventies as a sub-editor at DCT in Dundee. I had no idea there was such interest and depth of knowledge about DCT publications. I am not a collector but I have kept some of the material I worked on and my son has a large collection of Commandos from the eighties. I am finding most of the posts quite fascinating and many are resurrecting long-forgotten memories of the work and people I enjoyed. I look forward to reading more.

koollectablz

Re: New member

Post by koollectablz »

Welcome to the forum.

What DCT pubs did you work on?

I'm sure all the members here would be very interested in your experiences at DCT, some great stuff published during the 70s!

Bonniekins

Post by Bonniekins »

Thanks . I started on Magic (for little boys and girls). The editor was editor of Diana until it folded but the Diana annual continued for a couple of years so I also worked on that. Magic then amalgamated with Twinkle for a short time then disappeared and I continued to work on Twinkle. We also produced Twinkle,Bimbo and Little Star annuals. Little Plum was my favourite character!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Hi Bonniekins, I look forward to your input on the forum as I am already known to be a DCT fan since I grew up in Angus in the 1970s and 1980s and have a fairly decent collection of DCT comics covering everything from Spellbound to Scoop and all stops in between.

As you have said that you were a sub-editor, I am going to assume that you are not David Gudgeon as I would love to see him on here.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Bonniekins

Post by Bonniekins »

Afraid not! Eh'm a wummin so that narrows it down a bit!

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Bonniekins, don't get Col started, he's such a fan boy :wink: But his keenness and energy for research puts me to shame :notworthy:

Bonniekins

Post by Bonniekins »

Pretty obvious on both counts,but that's ok. He probably knows a lot more about DCT than I do-- I think that applies to you all !

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Are you Bonnie Weelass? :)

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

stevezodiac wrote:Are you Bonnie Weelass? :)
She could be Jeannie McColl... :coat: :lol: :lol:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Colcool and Paw Broon have either of you seen a film called I Know Where I'm Going? One of my favourites with some wonderful Scottish locations. :offtopic1:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Just found this: "I reached the point of thinking there were no more masterpieces to discover, until I saw I Know Where I'm Going!" – Martin Scorsese

The film critic Molly Haskell included it among her 10 greatest films of all time, in the 2012 Sight & Sound poll.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

stevezodiac wrote:Colcool and Paw Broon have either of you seen a film called I Know Where I'm Going? One of my favourites with some wonderful Scottish locations. :offtopic1:
Hi Steve, it's not one that I can recall. I must admit that I do like the old Scottish movies such as Whisky Galore! Geordie and The Maggie. I am now on the hunt for I Know Where I'm Going?