Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Hello. Is it me you're looking for? :o

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Newbie

Post by colcool007 »

Welcome to the house of fun Dan.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Thank you Mr Valeera - I could hear a distant church bell mournfully tolling and then some tumbleweed past me, and I was beginning to think it was no man's land. :shhh:

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Sometimes we get a lot of people on. Sometimes, we can all hear the tumbleweed passing by. With the growth of groups on other social media sites, some users are more active on the other platforms.

Why not tell us a bit about your journey in comic fandom. From your username, I am going to assume you have an interest in the Dandy, but is it only a specific period? Or are you interested in the whole body of work? Give us a bit more and let's see if we can get a few more to help you.

Don't forget to have a dive into the other threads. Every so often I need a bit of information that was discussed over 5 years ago and this site has a great deal of reference material that is useful.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

Welcome aboard Dan. What’s your favourite comic?

Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Thank you Ron. :D

Favourite comic eh? Well, when I was a mere sprog I have to admit when it came to comics I was a bit of a floosie, flitting between (I was only allowed one a week :cry: ) The Beano and Dandy and then as I got a bit older, between The Beezer or The Topper, and then even older still The Eagle.

But if you were to tie me to a stake and point a cardboard gun at my head, it would have to be The Dandy.