Wotcher!

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Greavsie

Wotcher!

Post by Greavsie »

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and really looking forward to getting stuck into some great discussions.

I've been an avid reader of anything even vaguely comicky for nigh on 40 years.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Wotcher!

Post by colcool007 »

Greavsie wrote:Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and really looking forward to getting stuck into some great discussions.

I've been an avid reader of anything even vaguely comicky for nigh on 40 years.
Welcome to the funhouse Greavsie. Pull up a sandbag and join in.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Greavsie

Post by Greavsie »

Haha!

Thank you Colcool007,

Don't mind if I do.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Would I be right in assuming you are a Londoner? Wotcher being a small clue. That's my usual form of greeting.

Greavsie

Post by Greavsie »

stevezodiac wrote:Would I be right in assuming you are a Londoner? Wotcher being a small clue. That's my usual form of greeting.
Hello Stevezodiac. I am indeed a Londoner, although I have lived abroad for a few years now.
Well spotted!... and well done! It is considered a somewhat antiquated form of greeting, but only because I feel not enough people use it.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Would we also be right to assume that you're a Spurs fan too?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Greavsie

Post by Greavsie »

colcool007 wrote:Would we also be right to assume that you're a Spurs fan too?
Your powers of deduction are second to none, Colcool007.
However, I feel I have led you up a bit of a blind alley with that one; I am (was) in fact something of a Barnet fan, inasmuch as they were my local club for many years. However, although it is true that Jimmy Greaves
did nevertheless play one semi-legendary season at Underhill during the mid-seventies, I have to be honest and say that I put the first thing that came into my head when compiling my registration details.

Anyone who knows me may come to the conclusion that there are deep-lying psychoanalytical motives behind my seemingly 'casual' choice of username, and they may well be right, although I hasten to add that the connotations are likely to be far from positive as I am sh*t at football and hardly ever drink.