STRIP Magazine relaunches next Monday! (April 8th)

Moderator: AndyB

PaulTwist

Re: STRIP Magazine relaunches next Monday! (April 8th)

Post by PaulTwist »

philcom55 wrote:As a matter of interest, does anyone else remember the first Strip Magazine from the early 1990s?

- Phil Rushton
Yes! I bought the first two issues when I was just a BIT too young for it (11 or 12) and stopped buying out of fear that my parents would find it! Wish it was still around today. And Toxic (the Apocalypse one) too. And Blast.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Personally I preferred the original, creator-owned Toxic to 2000AD. A shame it never achieved similar sales figures!

- Phil R.

SID

Post by SID »

My sub was waiting for me when I came in from work this afternoon.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

And they say sub copies ought to be posted inside the UK from now on, meaning they ought to be on time! (Mind you, I did have a Malaysian comic posted to me (after being bought from Malaysia by hand) somewhere closer to where I'm sitting now than to my home, and it's still not arrived!)

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:My sub was waiting for me when I came in from work this afternoon.
And, typically, just as that is announced, the distributors email to say they have moved the on sale for this issue to Friday 10th because of the bank holiday... rats!
John Freeman
British Comics News Blog: http://www.downthetubes.net 

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

johnfreeman96 wrote:
And, typically, just as that is announced, the distributors email to say they have moved the on sale for this issue to Friday 10th because of the bank holiday... rats!
I've never known a Bank Holiday Monday to affect distribution of publications on the following Thursday. Seems to me they make up the rules as they go along now.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

Lew Stringer wrote:
johnfreeman96 wrote:
I've never known a Bank Holiday Monday to affect distribution of publications on the following Thursday. Seems to me they make up the rules as they go along now.
Hmm, that sounds fishy. Other than US imports I've never known a bank holiday Monday to delay the release of comics and mags.

SID

Post by SID »

PaulTwist wrote:
Lew Stringer wrote:
johnfreeman96 wrote:And, typically, just as that is announced, the distributors email to say they have moved the on sale for this issue to Friday 10th because of the bank holiday... rats!
Hmm, that sounds fishy. Other than US imports I've never known a bank holiday Monday to delay the release of comics and mags.
I must admit that I have never heard a comic having so many distribution issues. Fingers crossed for Friday week. :xfingers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

Lew Stringer wrote:
johnfreeman96 wrote:
It's because the magazine would usually be delivered to the distribution warehouse on the previous Monday, but of course it will be closed. So the distributors say this has to be taken into account with this issue, deliveries shifting forward one day.
John Freeman

SID

Post by SID »

One day's delay isn't going to kill us. The comic is worth waiting for.

SID

Post by SID »

Strip should be in the shops tomorrow. I will be checking/getting. :)

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:Strip should be in the shops tomorrow. I will be checking/getting. :)
For those who enjoy digital comics, STRIP #2 is already available for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZS ... 05943&mt=8
John Freeman

Terry

Post by Terry »

Is it in the shops, anybody got a copy yet?

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Not in WHS Falkirk or Stirling today and, worryingly, there are quite a few copies of #1 still on the shelves of both outlets. I'll have a look in Edinburgh tomorrow.