STRIP Magazine relaunches next Monday! (April 8th)

Moderator: AndyB

Terry

Re: STRIP Magazine relaunches next Monday! (April 8th)

Post by Terry »

paw broon wrote:Not in WHS Falkirk or Stirling today and, worryingly, there are quite a few copies of #1 still on the shelves of both outlets. I'll have a look in Edinburgh tomorrow.
Not had a chance to look in Perth yet, will do tomorrow, seen on Facebook that its not in WH Smith in Leeds yet :headbash:

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

Terry wrote:
paw broon wrote:Not in WHS Falkirk or Stirling today and, worryingly, there are quite a few copies of #1 still on the shelves of both outlets. I'll have a look in Edinburgh tomorrow.
Not had a chance to look in Perth yet, will do tomorrow, seen on Facebook that its not in WH Smith in Leeds yet :headbash:
Folks - from what I can gather I'd leave it until at least Monday. As soon as I have definite info I'll post here. Issue has been printed, in the UK, there's just been an unexpected glitch in delivery. Gah!
John Freeman
British Comics News Blog: http://www.downthetubes.net 

SID

Post by SID »

I can concur that there are no Strip 2s in Croydon or Bromley but plenty of number 1s.

Question: Will this affect when subscribers get their copies?
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

starscape

Post by starscape »

Phew! Finally managed to get Strip #1 in Nottingham, just as #2 is due to come in. Again, plenty of issues left. Hope Ivo has deep enough pockets.

Still think it could be better targetted towards the boys and all-ages, not adult, market. How I wish Mills, Armstrong and Finley-Day were in there.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

I'd be surprised if it's on the shelves before next Wednesday/Thursday. I'd love to be proved wrong though... and hey, at least it's not as late as (the now quarterly) Clint! :)

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:I can concur that there are no Strip 2s in Croydon or Bromley but plenty of number 1s.

Question: Will this affect when subscribers get their copies?
Shouldn't do - the UK printers are also handling subs from #2 onwards.
John Freeman

daveycandlish

Post by daveycandlish »

Anyone seen sight of Strip yet on the shelves?

I'm still looking..
Publisher of anthology comic PARAGON - view the PARAGONcomic.blogspot for details!

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

My local newsagent checked with their distributor, who apparently said it's "still on order".

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Nil desperandum. Even one of Billy Bunter's postal orders turned up eventually.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I think that was only because the boys who had lent him money sent him one for the exact amount he borrowed, then made sure they were there when he opened it :lol:

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

felneymike wrote:I think that was only because the boys who had lent him money sent him one for the exact amount he borrowed, then made sure they were there when he opened it :lol:
Well, whatever the source, an actual postal order in the fat mitts of the blithering bloater is a more tangible thing than Strip magazine (volume 2, number 2).

SID

Post by SID »

Nothing through the post so will check WHSmiths in Bromley or Croydon today.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

SID

Post by SID »

Didn't have a chance to look for a copy.

Which is just as well looking at Facebook.

I really do hope that Strip gets their distribution issues resolved once and for all. I would hate to think that the venture could fail purely because of distribution.

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:Didn't have a chance to look for a copy.

Which is just as well looking at Facebook.

I really do hope that Strip gets their distribution issues resolved once and for all. I would hate to think that the venture could fail purely because of distribution.
So would I - it's hugely frustrating for myself as a contributor and for everyone trying to buy a copy.
John Freeman

vexillia

Post by vexillia »

johnfreeman96 wrote:So would I - it's hugely frustrating for myself as a contributor and for everyone trying to buy a copy.
Not to mention those brave original subscribers still waiting for a copy of #1 (reissue) and a decent copy of #7 from before Christmas after mine was damaged in the post due to poor packaging. :headbash:
Martin Stephenson
The Waving Flag :: Twitter :: eBay