STRIP Rant

Moderator: AndyB

vexillia

STRIP Rant

Post by vexillia »

Short and sweet:
  • I'm owed a copy of #7 from before Xmas as mine arrived badly damaged.
  • I've yet to see #1 (Vol 2) which has been in the shops for weeks.
  • God knows what will happen to #2 (Vol 2).
  • John Freeman has not been in touch since 02 April!
  • Prior to that my issues were always in the post but destined never to arrive.
I am well and truly fed up with this P**s poor customer service. Incompetent doesn't come near describing their performance.

That's better.
Martin Stephenson
The Waving Flag :: Twitter :: eBay

big bad bri

Re: STRIP Rant

Post by big bad bri »

they cant be as bad as the customer service from the marvel figurine collection they were the worst i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

I share your pain.

It's claimed over on the 2000 AD forum that the reason for the shortage of issue 7s is that they ran a Moebius strip (heh, no pun intended) that they didn't have the rights to...

I'm worried about Strip, what with its non-appearance in newsagents and #2 and #3 being left out of Previews due to a "mix up". Wouldn't surprise me if it went digital only - which would be a HUGE shame, but they're clearly incapable of producing and distributing the paper edition to any sort of regular schedule.

I hope that I'm wrong, as it deserves great success.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I do understand that some people are really upset by Strip's non-appearance, but I'd guess that the whole thing is becoming even more of a nightmare for John Freeman himself. Until we know more about the facts I think it's only fair to assume that he's been badly let down by events outside his control - and to give him the credit for at least trying to create something new under the sun.

- Phil R.

nottinghamian

Post by nottinghamian »

John Freeman was very helpful to me when I had a problem with a book ordered from Bosnia. I expect the Strip problems are beyond his control.

It doesn't look very hopeful for Strip though, unfortunately.

daveycandlish

Post by daveycandlish »

I thought John had passed on his editorial duties on STRIP?

It is a shame - I enjoy reading it. When a new one finally appears.
Publisher of anthology comic PARAGON - view the PARAGONcomic.blogspot for details!

SID

Post by SID »

I can understand the frustration and in a way it is compliment to Strip that people do care since it is a bloody good comic - when you finally get it.

And however annoying it is to us, it must be worst for the publishers since if they cannot get the comic out there, they cannot sell it. My major concern here is that the publishers will give up trying to produce a printed version and just go digital. In some ways so much easier and cheaper too but it would mean I wouldn't be getting it as I am into paper comics - not digital ones. :(

I'm patiently going to bide my time and wait for the distribution issues to be sorted out (I hope that's all it is).
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Stuart V

Post by Stuart V »

Has anyone seen any sign of the printed version of issue #2?

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

I think everyone's best bet is to keep an eye on the Strip Facebook page and blog, and the Down the Tubes blog for updates.

I notice that No.2, along with issue 3, is listed in the latest Previews catalogue for August publication, but the official websites should reveal when they'll be out.

Stuart V

Post by Stuart V »

Thanks Lew. I'd already checked the Strip webpage, which said (somewhat vaguely) "early June" as the new date for issue #2 making it into the shops, hence my asking here if anyone has seen it, since it is now "early June."

Terry

Post by Terry »

from Strip's facebook:

Good news at last! Publisher Ivo Milicevic tells us STRIP #2 should - and we stress the word SHOULD - be on sale next Thursday in newsagents.

SID

Post by SID »

Fingers crossed. :xfingers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Terry

Post by Terry »

Lateset update from Strip Facebook page:
At last. The print edition of STRIP Magazine Issue 2 should be on sale 20th June 2013. Subscription copies should start to be dispatched from next Monday.

SID

Post by SID »

Thanks, Terry.

I'll look forward to getting my copy next week. :xfingers:

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

SID wrote:Thanks, Terry.

I'll look forward to getting my copy next week. :xfingers:
I also look forward to getting my copy on the date specified.
No doubt delivered by Satan riding a snow plough. :lol: