Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole

Discuss comics from around the world.

Moderator: AndyB

paw broon

Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole

Post by paw broon »

Some of you might be interested in this new book from Fantagraphics on the work of L.B. Cole. His work appeared on the covers and interiors of a number of British comics, reprinting American material. This link will take you to the Fantagraphics page where you can have a read at a 19 page sample:-
http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-sho ... l?vmcchk=1

Lew Stringer

Re: Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole

Post by Lew Stringer »

paw broon wrote:Some of you might be interested in this new book from Fantagraphics on the work of L.B. Cole. His work appeared on the covers and interiors of a number of British comics, reprinting American material. This link will take you to the Fantagraphics page where you can have a read at a 19 page sample:-
http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-sho ... l?vmcchk=1
Looks fantastic! Thanks for the heads up.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

My complimentary contributors copy arrived yesterday and it is an excellent book with Cole's background and career covered in detail. But the illustrations on the high quality stock are simply superb , showcasing the various genres he covered. Cole drew very few comic strips and is best remembered for the variety, quality and sheer class of his covers.

matrix

Post by matrix »

I have only just seen this about L.B.Cole. Thanks for the link Paw those covers of his are fantastic. Especially the 'Blue Bolt' covers, I did not know he did those. I have a few comics from the golden era, and coincidently have a 'Blue Bolt' that I purchased a few weeks ago but it is coverless!! I might post about that later.