Broons/Oor Wullie and Broons books. Half price in Tesco.

Discuss any comic strip that has appeared in a newspaper over the years. Andy Capp, Rupert, Hagar, Fudge etc

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Broons/Oor Wullie and Broons books. Half price in Tesco.

Post by stevezodiac »

Went into Tesco this evening (its on the way home from the station) and, out of curiosity, had a look to see if they had any annuals. Was very pleased to see The Broons book for £3.25 and the Broons and Oor Wullie Glory Years book for £4.49. Snapped them up. Every little helps!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Broons/Oor Wullie and Broons books. Half price in Tesco.

Post by colcool007 »

Damn! My one didn't have the Broons book, but I did snaffle the Beano, Dandy, Dr Who and Glory Years ones. Now only 3 months 1 week and 4 days to wait until I am allowed to read the Glory Years. It's going to be a long wait...
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Well, that's got to be the cheapest I've heard of so far, and I doubt they'll get any cheaper until December. Thread title's misleading, it's all the annuals Tesco sell that are half price (which isn't very many, but as Col said, includes Beano and Dandy). :D

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Sorry but in my enthusiasm I didn't stop to ponder the possible repurcussions of naming my thread rather hastily. Fact is my Tesco hasn't got the Beano or Dandy so it didn't enter my noggin. Its the Broons/Oor Wullie books I look forward to each year so am glad they are now ensconced in my collection. Spent a good five minutes looking for the half priced annuals again tonight only to find Tesco had shifted them. Why do they do that?

Bemused of Bermondsey.

(sound of clattering typewriter):

Dear Head Honcho of Tesco,

Why have you shifted your annuals hither and yon with nary a thought to us scaterbrained bozos who are already wandering around your store in a perplexed state looking at their shopping lists and wondering what the hell Liquid Gumption is and what aisle would it be in? What's that I hear you ask? Why is a 53 year old fart of the highest order looking for kids annuals? There is only one answer to that... and as soon as I think of it I'll get back to you.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Well I can answer the last question. Any shop worker who sees a grown man put annuals in their trolley would probably assume they're a Christmas present for a child relative. :lol:

I agree, shops moving things around is annoying. They do it to force you to look around. Not much good if the item you want isn't even in stock (McColls, I'm looking in your direction - they didn't have The Beano today, clearly discontinued there)! :x