Private Message pop-up bug

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Private Message pop-up bug

Post by Digifiend »

I switched to the Hestia skin earlier, and suddenly got a PM notification pop-up every time I moved from one page to another. Even though I have NO unread private messages. Switching back to Absolution (the skin which I reckon looks most like the main Comics UK site) fixed it, so I think it must be an issue with the Hestia skin. Anyone else having the same problem?

Also, in the Absolution skin, the line of text under the logo reads as follows:
Board index >> Home >> General >> Home >> Suggestions and Support

The Home links go to the main Comics UK homepage, but I don't believe those links are supposed to be there (the logo does that job already).

blaing

Re: Private Message pop-up bug

Post by blaing »

Yeah, I have the same problem with this. Could this be fixed please?

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

The Absolution skin text problem has now been rectifed.

For the annoying Hestia PM pop-up message, you can turn-off this feature thus:-

Go to the User Control Panel (UCP)
Board Preferences
Pop up window on new private message >> Select 'No'
Submit

HTH,

Al

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Thanks. I'm surprised nobody had complained about the Hestia issue already, since that skin is the default one.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

You're welcome.

Although the Hestia style is the default style, only 15 people are using it (including me). 793 still prefer the old bo2soft style (no problem there) and 1 is using the Absolution style.

As a reminder, the reason why the Default style changed to Hestia was to enable a piece of code that has been extremely successful in weeding out spammers.

Spam software is clever enough to de-cipher the anti-spam Capcha messages, but not clever enough (yet) to answer random questions. The bo2soft style didn't have this facility so we needed a new default style that did.

Of course, once new members were accepted they can select from any of the available styles and existing members don't need to do anything.

Al