Forum Access Poll

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Forum Access

Poll ended at 20 Nov 2013, 12:28

Open Access(the way it was)
81%
Restricted Access(the way it currently is)
19%

Total votes: 36

Peter Gray

Re: Forum Access Poll

Post by Peter Gray »

I've updated my comicsuk...just voted..

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

With 80% currently in favour of open access it looks as though the writing is already on the wall. However, even if things do go back to 'normal' in the long run I don't think this experiment should be dismissed as a complete waste of time. All things considered maybe some sort of breathing space was just what we needed after recent events.

- Phil Rushton

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

My vote came back as invalid - I vote for open access.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Steve and Terry, please see instructions earlier on this thread for how to update your forum theme so you can vote

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

I have tried to vote, but my form was deemed invalid. I vote we keep open access as I had no idea until today that this is where all the forums were hidden. I didn't even know this had been done! I just thought there must be some site maintenance going on. Please can we have things back the way that they were? I've just had to have a quick catch up on all the latest posts. I don't always sign in unless I want to make a comment, so I didn't know about these changes.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Have just voted after changing to hestia! Open access, please! :?

Terry

Post by Terry »

AndyB wrote:Steve and Terry, please see instructions earlier on this thread for how to update your forum theme so you can vote
Done and voted :cheers:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Done it.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Voted for open access - I'm not up for anything being restricted, ever, in terms of the Internet, unless it's strictly "adult" material. What we have here is people talking about comics, why should that be restricted in any way?
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Voted for open access - I'm not up for anything being restricted, ever, in terms of the Internet, unless it's strictly "adult" material. What we have here is people talking about comics, why should that be restricted in any way?
That's a very good point. It does seem to be a sledgehammer to crack a nut scenario. (No, I'm not calling anyone a nut, before that gets misquoted.) It might even give the wrong impression that the forum has something dodgy to hide.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

I voted for the forum to be open access as its not a pay site and having it closed denies people who have no wish to join the forum but want info on a certain British comic the info they require

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Just a final 'bump' for this those members, that haven't already voted, to cast their anonymous vote for this important topic.

Closing date is 20th November 2013.

Thank you,

Al

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

In view of the overwhelming vote in favour of Open Access, could Admin please let us know exactly when the Forum will become permanently Open again.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Thank you to everyone that voted on this poll (even though the overall number of participants was quite low), the conclusive result showed that the vast majority voted in favour of the Comic UK Boards returning to the way they were - Open Access. The only board that is still 'Members Only' is the Buying, Selling and Swapping one.

Apologies for taking an extra day to action this, but I've been organising the 'moving-home' of my dad (which happened at really short-notice) and the moving-in date was the 20th November (how's your luck?) Needless to say, I was extremely cream-crackered when I got home, only for the process of emptying all the boxes to commence this morning, and I've only just returned from that and it will be completed tomorrow :xfingers: .

If anyone can see any problems with the new set-up, please let us know.

Many thanks,

Al