Girl gets her own Beano strip

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Girl gets her own Beano strip

Post by stevezodiac »

I saw this in the papers a couple of weeks ago, surprised it hasn't been men tioned before.

comixminx

Re: Girl gets her own Beano strip

Post by comixminx »

Great stuff! Can't read all the text on the scans - is she a permanent character or a one-off?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I don't buy the Beano so would no know but I presume its a one-off.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

She's that week's Beano Boss. Basically, readers write in saying what their gimmick would be, and they could either get the Beano Boss role (which involves picking out jokes and a star photo, which they call a golden #SOBeano, for the main reader contribs page) or the back page comic strip. So it's a regular feature, but this girl did only appear in that one issue. The Beano Boss thing came in alongside the current logo last year, though it didn't involve being turned into a cartoon until recently.

Unfortunately, these two articles appeared in the papers the day after the next issue after the one this girl was in went on sale.