real-life 'ROCKET MAN' catches up with 'DANDY' 'imagery.....

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

ISPYSHHHGUY

real-life 'ROCKET MAN' catches up with 'DANDY' 'imagery.....

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

It's not often I take much notice of news events in today's jaded, 'seen-it-all-before' world, ----but yesterday's historical first-ever 'human jet' flight gripped my imagination:

I often feel that 21st-Century technology is a bit of a let-down, which has partly came about through seeing fantastic, futuristic visions in childhood comics; I honestly believed that flying cars, jetpacks and possibly even walking, autonomous robots would have been commonplace by the early 21st Century!

--------though the fields of communications have definately exploded, other, more radical innovations seem as distant as ever, but the rocket-flight seen yesterday most definately seems a step in the right direction, and it successfully transported me back to late '60s 'DANDY' and 'CAPTAIN WHOOSH'.

------I wonder what next idealized [or even nightmarish] advances previously seen only in the fantastic world of COMICS IMAGERY will appear in our time?.........

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: real-life 'ROCKET MAN' catches up with 'DANDY' 'imagery.....

Post by felneymike »

Bah, i designed a "laying down mini-jet fighter" rocket pack for my The Gun comic 11 years ago!

Though mine only had one engine directly over the pilot, who had to wear heavily armoured boots to prevent his legs being burned. Having four small engines either side and well away from the pilot seems like a far better idea.