Dandy Relaunch - losing momentum?

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Dandy Relaunch - losing momentum?

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

'Ghostman Pat' [or similar title] was drawn by John Geering, and was the star attraction in 'Bog Paper' .

Raven

Post by Raven »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:'Ghostman Pat' [or similar title] was drawn by John Geering, and was the star attraction in 'Bog Paper' .

'Ghostman Bat and His Black and White Rat' was in It's Wicked, as patpending said a few posts back. I think everything in The Bog Paper was toilet/excrement orientated.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

thanks for clearing that up Raven...these two titles appeared around the same time [1989] and were virtually interchangeable [qualitywise if not thematically, he said pretentiously]---though I did buy one copy of each.

I took the free false vampire teeth from IT'S WICKED out with me on a night down the town; the ladies were not suitably impressed, so the experiment was never repeated.

Raven

Post by Raven »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote: I took the free false vampire teeth from IT'S WICKED out with me on a night down the town; the ladies were not suitably impressed, so the experiment was never repeated.
If only you'd applied the free tattoos from issue two. That would probably have won them over.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

sure beats the old:

'D'ya wanna come home with me and see my etchings?' routine!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

But being comic collecters we'd no doubt say: "Why don't you come back to my place and I'll show you my Big One" (Or add your own double meaning comic title eg Whoopee, Cracker etc.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

nice one, Steve!