Dandy and Beano secret

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Dandy and Beano secret

Post by Digifiend »

http://www.nigelparkinsoncartoons.blogs ... is-it.html
NP wrote:Anyhow, that wasn't the busiest part of the last two weeks, as will become clear soon to anyone buying Beano or Dandy. I'm sworn to secrecy (in fact they don't even know that I know) so don't ask!
Didn't think they could spring any more surprises on us, but this can't merely be to do with the final Dandy if it concerns the Beano as well. I wonder what the big secret is.

BeanoKev70

Re: Dandy and Beano secret

Post by BeanoKev70 »

I wouldn't be surprised if The Beano will increase its page content with hopefully a Dandy Pull - out comic inside which also brings readers attention to the online digital Dandy.... :?:

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

A Dandy pull out comic in The Beano would be great but this makes me wonder if something bigger is on the cards.

blaing

Post by blaing »

I just subscribed to get the final issues through Newsstand, and it could be possible that the final issue in December may not be the very last, there is a hint that there might be a Christmas issue coming out.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The Christmas issue would be the very next week, because they always take a week or two off nowadays. They wouldn't say it was ending on December 4th if an issue was due out on December 12th. Maybe you're thinking of the 75th anniversary special, which is already on sale at WHSmith?

By the way, if you wasn't aware, that subscription will switch to the Beano when the Dandy ends.

blaing

Post by blaing »

James, I didn't buy this through the D. C. Thomson shop, I bought my subscription through NewsStand

here is what came up when I was buying my subscription

BTW, I made the adjustments after I done the screencap. Only catch of course was that I ended up paying the cover price plus P+H :roll:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It appears Newsstand have misunderstood DC Thomson's plans, as there should be an issue dated 1/12/2012, which isn't listed there, with the off sale date for that one being December 4th, the promised end date. In other words, it isn't a Christmas issue (it's an anniversary celebration and swansong issue) and should say first after 24/11/2012 rather than 24/12/2012.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

Without the shadow of any doubt there will be a Christmas issue instead of it being made from paper it'll be on a computer screen instead

blaing

Post by blaing »

And it turns out, I made a boo-boo. It was actually part of NewsStand's promotion where you can start your subscription from the first week after Christmas. Although,in the Dandy's case, it cannot be done. :oops:

I realised this last night before I went to bed.

BeanoKev70

Post by BeanoKev70 »

:?:
Attachments
logo.png

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Hmmm the plot thickens wonder if this is the two comics merging, a new monthly special or anything to do with the new online comic.

BeanoKev70

Post by BeanoKev70 »

Looks to me like a fortnightly collectors magazine with free figurine with each issue & classic strips you can subscribe online now with lots of free gifts etc link below & some more pics..... :D

https://www.jacklin-uk.com/Hachette_ord ... hp?club=SQ
Attachments
issue1-2.jpg
cartoons2.jpg
magazine.jpg

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Looks like I'm gunna have to get myself a subscription :D

Wonder when the first issue will be?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

A Beano and Dandy partwork? Sounds interesting.

Homepage - http://www.beanoanddandy.co.uk
Gilly wrote:Hmmm the plot thickens wonder if this is the two comics merging, a new monthly special or anything to do with the new online comic.
If it was a merger, both comic logos would be the modern ones, not the retro ones.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

£7.99 a pop and probably be discontinued halfway through its run like the rest of the crap in this genre like the build your own battleship over 10,000 weeks etc etc